You & Me

I saw you today,
But you're not as I remember.
Your eyes no longer sparkle,
You've changed since last September.

You were so full of life,
Yet now you are so cold.
Your personality has tarnished,
When you once had a heart of gold.

You fell out of my life,
Just like leaves in the fall.
We were so very close,
Now you're not here at all.

You saw me today,
I'm the same as you remember.
My eyes still sparkle,
I've not changed since last September.

vazenitran98 said...
Love it!What a great poem!

northursday said...
This is great, but the structure is wrong for a sonnet. I love the message, though.

aurorairis said...

I love this! It is so profound and relatable! I know exactly what you are talking about!

Please check out some of my work!

TheDance said...
I know exactly what you mean. With my exboyfriend, and my best friend it's exactly the same way. I can't stand it, and it makes me sad. It makes me remember the really good days we had together and how they used to act. I wish they still acted that way. I wish they were still the people I knew and loved.

Fia-fia said...
Dec. 14, 2011 at 11:18 am

This is a wonderful poem. I agree with wat you are saying but i also take from it something else. I am also seeing it not as a friend, but like if you had an old boyfriend or girlfriend, and things have changed. THank you!

:)

MakenzieB. said...
Dec. 14, 2011 at 10:29 am
I can totally relate to this. It's the same case as going back to school after summer's over and your friends act like they don't even know you ar want to be near you anymore. Great piece of work! Keep on writing!

Dollface2012 said...
This poem is great ! The emotion it evokes is very easy to relate to. Such a short lenghted poem telling such a long story. I like this poem alot.

Torri_123 said...
I can totally relate to this poem...it's a great poem

GoGoGryffindor said...
This is a wonderful poem. I really like the emotion in it. This is a very relatable poem. Good job!

RedDaisy said...

A very beautiful poem indeed~ Your writing style reminds me of my own in that I like to finish with the beggining. Very strong, very deep. May that person inspire you to create another poem -one where the good times of the past reappear and find a permanent place in the present-

~RedDaisy~

gazbeannie said...
Simple, yet says a lot! :)

Chass said...

WOW!!! That is soo true.. 

*beautiful*spirit*This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Absolutely beautiful!!

SummerBlossom said...
Wow... I really like this. Love the tie back to the beginning! Keep writing! :)

sunshine7223 replied...
SUPER GOOD!

tweetiebruce said...
Nov. 25, 2011 at 5:22 am
This is a very well done poem, it is truly beautiful :) Congrats on writing a brilliant poem. Please check out some of my work if you can, i would like some feedback! :D Keep up the writing

Number3 said...

Amazin!

Melody777 said...
Nov. 22, 2011 at 11:40 am
This was great, you put so much feeling into a short amount of space. Impressive!

EscapeSanity said...
This is an amazing poem. Sonnets are my favorite. I love how this can relate to anyone and everyone and says so much in only a few lines. AMAZING <3

Terraincognita said...
Nov. 16, 2011 at 7:24 am

good poem! But it's not in sonnet form...

sonnets are written 10 sylables by 10 lines in this rime order:

a

b

a

b

c

d

c

d

e

e