What would Jesus Do?

They say that you should ask
"Oh what would Jesus do?"
I think these words were spoken
to relate to me with you

If I were Jesus I would go
and "turn the other cheek"
I know thats what I'm told to do
but that makes me feel week.

But If that cheek was turned to you
I'd let you slap me hard
You'd blame your sins on what I did
and play the same old cards.

I know if I was Jesus
exactly how I'd act
but it's so hard to never sin
and never hit you back

Shirley_R_Kleiner said...
Wow! That poem has depth, meaning, flow and so much more, it speaks to all of the timeless battle of trying to be like Christ ! I love it and will favorite, I only have one thing to point out to you, and I surley hope you will take it in the good spirit in which I point it out, week, should be weak, once again, we all make spelling mistakes and just wanted to be helpful :)

Nicovera said...
Jan. 1, 2010 at 3:42 am
This is so intuitive! It really sounds like you get what is going on with your relationship with Jesus . I envy you that.

hannahbee7 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
May 21, 2010 at 8:38 am
You'd be surprised! I have no idea what's going on in my realationship with Jesus. Sometimes I can't really decide if I even have a religion at all!

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
I know right? sometimes I go from being radically in love with God to wondering if im even worthy to be called a chritsian. At other times I just don't care, and my faith is merely intellectuall and lacks all desire for action in either prayer or service, and there are certainly times when my faith in God has no love. A friend reminded me that a relationship with God was like a fireman's pole, you either shimmy up like a mad man or you slide slowly back down, you can't stay still long, no m... (more »)

Jimmy_flash said...
Dec. 10, 2009 at 10:36 am
Great poem

Lixxy_93 said...
This poem is amazing. I have had problems accepting my religion recently but this still got to me.

mayzielabird said...
Jesus doesn't want you to be perfect but he wants you to be his. So he will always forgive you.

bluemagnet22 said...
Don't focus on being religious focus on your relationship with  Jesus   Christ  and maybe that'll help you out:) oh n your poem is great you've got quite a talent;)

cross.fire said...
I completely understand. Sometimes I wish I could just scream "What  Jesus  WANT you to do" instead. We can't all die on the cross.

Bonnie S. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
i completely agree with your comment - Jesus wants you to do something specific, and not what he would do. the meaning of this message is flawless