What would Jesus Do?

They say that you should ask
"Oh what would Jesus do?"
I think these words were spoken
to relate to me with you

If I were Jesus I would go
and "turn the other cheek"
I know thats what I'm told to do
but that makes me feel week.

But If that cheek was turned to you
I'd let you slap me hard
You'd blame your sins on what I did
and play the same old cards.

I know if I was Jesus
exactly how I'd act
but it's so hard to never sin
and never hit you back

micshea99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 23 at 2:33 pm:
I love this! It really shows the inner conflict that we all face. 

packerbacker12This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 6, 2013 at 3:54 pm:
well what would Jesus/Yeshua do he would follow the first five books of the bible/Torah. and he would keep the feasts of G-d/ YHWH. very well written poem though:)

Spirit Eyes replied...
Aug. 7, 2013 at 1:47 am :
Not necessarily. There are certain things in the books of Moses that Jesus is described as going against. He does not worry about the fact that work on the Sabath is suposedly evil. He told the pharisies that it matters what you say more than what you eat (against Kosher).

Bunny Boy said...
May 8, 2012 at 12:54 pm:
I think you did a great job in your poem. I loved your idiom about turning your cheek. Also I liked when you then made turning your cheek literal.

IMAdreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I know how that feels, and believe me I've been there. I know what Jesus would do too. But as I've realized it doesn't get better to fight sin with sin. Ooooooooooo! Ive got my own wise saying unless I heard that somewhere and just remembered it. That would stink. Great poem by the way. I can really tell your perspective on the subject. No one said it would be easy to do what He does. Ps. Please check out my work! 'd really love for u to.

LivingforGodsince2003, said...
Feb. 13, 2012 at 12:31 pm:
I loved this

esnow824 said...
This was really good. And that's coming from someone that's Jewish. :)

Seelix said...
Great poem! It shows the struggle of knowing what is right verses doing so, something many of us face all the time. You captured a lot in just a few stanzas =)

JamesODalaigh This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Oct. 23, 2011 at 9:29 am:
i really know what you mean, what you're saying speaks volumes to me. Keep up the great work. Dia leat (God be with you).

Villangel said...
Jun. 13, 2011 at 10:39 pm:
thats so true. In jesus' shoes you know what is right and what is wrong, yet its hard to have the will power to be God's perfect angel, to never do anything wrong. I love this poem and I can't wait until I hear more from you

Dominicano_Loco said...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 8:47 am:
the struggle christians face on a day to day basis are laid out for the world to see in this poem. People are so quick to point out the faults and sins of our kind, but they dont pause to think. if they did, they'd realize that life can be just as challenging as anyone elses. But, the difference, is how we handle it. Well done. :)

dark_armor1This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 18, 2011 at 9:14 am :
our kind? what do you mean by that? hey i am a christian too but i dont think were any different then other "non"-christians. we are ALL equeal. and we really shouldnt feel sorry for ourselves about the struggles we go through, at least we know we have a Gpd to turn to. others dont. we should feel sorry for them. so just wanted to point that out. sorry but hey good poem btw!

Seelix replied...
Oct. 23, 2011 at 5:40 pm :
Acctually belivers are different from non-Christains- 1 Peter 1:9 "But you are not like that, you  are a chosen people. For you are holy priests, a holy nation, God's very own possessions. As a result, you can show others the goodness of God, for He called you out of the darkness by His wonderful light." My friend, we are supposed to live in the world, but not be a part of it. God wants us to be holy. By no means should we be judgmental (Paul said out of all sinners he was the worst,... (more »)

croww said...
Feb. 26, 2011 at 2:13 pm:
wow, this truly is beautiful, i loved it, i can totally feel the emotion

taytaynichole said...
aaamen! totaly agreed

ShenelleCrystalx3 said...
Jun. 26, 2010 at 10:51 pm:

this is so true , I can so relate !

keep up the work , please come and check out my writing :) I would appreciate that

funnythewayitis said...
May 13, 2010 at 11:05 pm:
I really like this and I fully understand what you mean.

14gchristie said...
May 13, 2010 at 6:33 pm:

Its really good... and I agree, its hard to do what Jesus would do, though we know what he would do.

Peanut:) said...
I love it, its very flowing and to the point, and I totally know how you feel. Please write more! Fan-tas-tic!

diffyloveThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 3, 2010 at 11:11 am:
seriously this is amazing. this relates to me so much with my dad. i really love this.