Shall I compare thee to a piece of toast?

Thou art more scrumptious and delectable:
Unevenly the elements may glow’st,
And sticking levers are detestable:
Sometimes too long the slice of bread doth roast,
And seldom do the crumbs not make a mess;
And often it is much too sweet for most,
If one should drizzle honey in excess;
But thy eternal warmth shall never cool,
Nor shall thee lose thy lovely golden hue;
And I’ll rejoice that fate hath not been cruel,
Each morning on beholding thee anew;

On this perception all the world agrees,
That no delicious bread’s divine as thee.

Princess.RendaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Dec. 15 at 12:07 pm
This poem is making me hungry hahah! Well written, I love it! :)

lauraxinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 14 at 8:52 pm
Even though it's a joke, the words flow perfectly together. This was fun to read!

dgeileenThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Sep. 18 at 9:53 pm
This is such a fun spoof on Shakespeare xD

Opticalillusion said...
Feb. 25 at 11:25 am
I love this, it flows a marvelously. Eloquent but humorous, truly good work sir. Keep writing, I loved this piece.

xG4RY said...
Wicked good, dude!

TheLightestBlue said...
I LOVE this poem! Great how you modeled it after Sonnet 18! I also love how you took something as simple as toast and compared to something big (someone you love). :)

HiddengoldTee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Feb. 3, 2013 at 1:01 am
Beautifully done!

KatsK This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is great. It's funny and it still maintains the rhythmic meter required of a sonnet, as well as the rhyme scheme.

nikkigonefishin said...
This is AWESOME! I was smiling the whole time as I read it. Great job!

purpleink said...
lol, I love this!

beavers said...
This may just be my new favorite poem.

Carwen said...

That was hilarious--sonnet 18 was one of my favorites--though I might have just chanced my mind!

Shakespeare would be proud.

missscribbles said...
May 21, 2011 at 9:09 am
This is a really hilarious poem. I think people really underestimate the power of humour

JaneDoeYo! said...
Apr. 29, 2011 at 7:29 am

WOW!!!!

(not a good wow =__=)

Sonofheracles said...
Apr. 7, 2011 at 10:12 am
That was a fun poem.

NoxInviticus said...
you are my idol <3

WenUlookmeIntheEyes said...
this is freaking A-mazing!!! :D wow.. i dont know hat else to say ^^ Great Great jobb!!!!

nprasad said...
that was amazing. i clicked on the link cuz i thought it would be impossible to write a poem comparing someone to toast. but Thou hath succeeded(: good job!

moonpetal said...
Sweet! LOL! My friend was just talking about a radio song the brodcaster did in the 90's called "Toast" Every line they screamed I LIKE TOAST!" ahhhhhhhh nice. Sonnets r hard to write, you did great on thet. REALLY funny! :D