Lassitude This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Midnight stars that drag along,
foolish man who sings heavy-hearted songs.
Flowers in the field - never to blossom,
ambitious dreams hidden at the bottom,
wonder turns to resentment, as summer turns to autumn.
Seasons of color, and days of faded undertone,
intangible scent of this cologne,
leaves me in a daydream of yesteryear,
I’ll keep living in this nightmare ...
until all my life disappears.
Too many times now,
I’ve struggled against the tide,
Too many times now,
I’ve had to listen to these lies,
Too many times now,
I’ve had to drown in my own cries,
these very tears,
I’ve shed for my own creed,
but I no longer have any blood to bleed,
and I’d love to believe,
that you’re no longer something that I need.
This oblivious angel rejects her wings,
and all her given prestige,
love is not a matter in which she is willing to concede.
These hands bare nothing,
as those worn eyes take in the dwindling bliss,
this flame withers into an abyss.

DreamingOfNirvanaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 1, 2013 at 8:15 pm:
Wow this sonnet is incredible, it's very deep and dark and raw, and I really like reading poetry and stories like that. It has a passion that is very relatable and I love it! GREAT JOB!

HazyeyesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12, 2012 at 1:17 pm:
wow!! just wow

Abhilash_M. said...
Sept. 11, 2011 at 10:47 am:
What a poem! Looks like to be written by a world class poet!!! Really nice!

emilybwrites said...
this had me hooked great job! please check out my poems "Forgotten Domain" and "The Others" and comment/rate them :)

Music0609This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jul. 29, 2011 at 3:09 pm:
This is really amazing!! I's deep and mysterious in a way :) Great job, keep writing!!! :D

forever23 said...
May 24, 2011 at 1:26 pm:
oh my goodness this is amasing!!! good job! i can relate to this soo much!

Debbie1 said...
May 2, 2011 at 5:07 pm:
I LOVE this! Really great job!

Karamel This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is so sad... I feel for you, and I think everyone has a pretty good idea of what this feels like. I love the mixed up rhyme scheme. This is a fantastic sonnet!

Book_worm said...
Jun. 28, 2010 at 9:00 pm:

"This oblivious angel rejects her wings"  

Brilliant

CassieSherman14This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 15, 2010 at 2:38 pm:
Wow! great job! I can see why it was chosen to be in the magazine. DO you have any advice on writing sonnets?(i've never written a sonnet before.)

RichardKrichard replied...
Aug. 11, 2010 at 12:33 pm :
This isn't a sonnet.

ilovewriting95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 12, 2010 at 12:37 pm :
Oh.. it isn't. never mind then.

ellie315 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Dec. 21, 2010 at 2:25 pm :

a sonnet is a 14 lines, each line is exactly 10 syllables. it is written in dactylic hexameter (i think thats what its called)...so it sounds like ba DUM ba DUM ba DUM, etc. (every other syllable is strong). Rhyme scheme:

A B A B C D C D E F E F GG

(a rhymes with a, b with b, etc.)

make sense? also, the description i gave you is for the most common sonnet, a Shakespearian sonnet. But there are other sonnets made popular by other writers so maybe Lassitude is in a k... (more »)

Dec. 21, 2010 at 9:38 pm :
Thanks. If this isn't a sonnet then why is it in the teen sonnet section of poetry on here?Shouldn't it be in another section?

PurpleRain replied...
May 2, 2011 at 4:27 pm :
It's called iambic penthameter.

Jesicamethyst said...
May 15, 2010 at 12:30 pm:

this poem is really really well written. You did an amazing job and it's ridiculous how your words express my inner feelings about my life.

"But I no longer have any blood to bleed,
and I’d love to believe,
that you’re no longer something that I need."

Amazing line. I love it.

LittleBritt said...
Apr. 23, 2010 at 10:52 am:
loooove the line "this oblivious angel rejcts her wings" very well written!

brittneyharvey said...
Mar. 10, 2010 at 4:08 pm:
OMG!! This poem in stupendous! I love it. I'm good at poetry, but my poems have nothing on this. Good work girl! Keep them coming.

lovehate29 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Wow! just wow! I really don't know what to say about this piece. Its so powerful. So strong. So deep. I could feel the emotions put into these words. Great job!

SophaDee This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I'm practically speechless...that blew me away. The rhyming was flawless and it just came together beautifully. Congradulations! :]