Song lyrics by teens on a variety of topics | Teen Ink

Song Lyrics

Most discussed Song Lyrics

Poetry
comments

I tried carrying the weight of the world, But I only have two hands. Life is a game made for everyone, And love is the prize. Wake me up when it’s all over, When I soon becom...

Be_Free PLATINUM, Longview, Texas

"And Darkness and Decay and the Red Death held illimitable dominion overall." -- The Masque of the Red Death, Edgar Allan Poe

Poetry
By A.L.Sommer DIAMOND
Brookfield, Wisconsin
A.L.Sommer DIAMOND, Brookfield, Wisconsin

"Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness, that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, 'Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented?' Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world; there is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that others won't feel insecure around you. We were all meant to shine as children do. We were all born to make manifest the glory of God that's within us - it's not just in some of us, it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others."
-Nelson Mandela

Poetry
By TheJust ELITE
Ellenton, Florida
TheJust ELITE, Ellenton, Florida

"I feel that a hero is somebody who will stand up for their values and what they believe in and that can take any form. People that have values and have thought them through rather than those who just do what they’re told."-Skandar Keynes

"When it’

Poetry
By Emerald01 ELITE
Charlotte, North Carolina
Emerald01 ELITE, Charlotte, North Carolina

"We are always feeling every emotion, but only a few are screaming."

Poetry
By Noah O&#39Keefe BRONZE
Clarence Center, New York
Noah O&#39Keefe BRONZE, Clarence Center, New York
Poetry
Poetry
By OnyxDivine PLATINUM
Scarborough, Other
OnyxDivine PLATINUM, Scarborough, Other

"Take chances"
"never regret something that made you smile"
"Forever isn't infinity. It's the time two people spent together, be it a few seconds, five minutes, an hour, days, months, or more."

Poetry
By Stephen_C BRONZE
Rochdale, Massachusetts
Stephen_C BRONZE, Rochdale, Massachusetts
Poetry
By Sadandstrangebeauty22 DIAMOND
Columbia, Pennsylvania
Sadandstrangebeauty22 DIAMOND, Columbia, Pennsylvania

"I hope that when I die, I can breathe a sigh of relief, because I will have soo much to look forward to." ~ Donnie Darko