You Healed My Broken Heart | Teen Ink

You Healed My Broken Heart

May 18, 2018
By IsabelleMarieMartin SILVER, Oberlin, Louisiana
IsabelleMarieMartin SILVER, Oberlin, Louisiana
5 articles 0 photos 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
'It's never too late to be what you might have been". -George Elliot



   Dedicated to Mrs. Harvey: Teacher, True Mother, and friend

I was a lost and broken soul with nowhere to go. I used to try to go on about my day without shedding a single tear.I was just your typical average girl who never had a true mother to guide me through life. When I first walked through your classroom door on the first day of school, and when I looked at you, I began to feel a little more secure, and every part of my heart told me that I was safe. When I  began to get to know you more, my life began to feel less lonelier than before. Not only did I have a new teacher, but I finally had a mother who was able to guide me through life, and who I could finally look up to. Not only did you make me feel less alone, you also healed my broken heart. You healed my broken heart, you healed my broken heart, you healed my broken heart. Every night as I lay awake in my bed,and when I say my prayers, I always say thank you for answering my prayers.  Every day, I feel very blessed to know that she is a part of my heart and life, and I thank her every second for healing my broken heart. Oh, you healed my broken heart. You healed my broken heart, you healed my broken heart, you healed my broken heart. I used to think that my heart could never be put back together, but she healed it with her love. She healed my now fixed heart. Oh, and I know that I say this to you every single day that I live, but thanks again for being a mother to me and for healing every part of my broken heart. You healed my broken heart, you healed my broken heart, you healed my broken heart. Oh, you healed my broken heart.


The author's comments:

I would like to dedicate this song that I wrote to Jennifer Harvey, because she has been a true inspiration to me, and she is basicalll the mother that I have never had, but who I wish with all my heart that I had. This song can also go out to anyone who doesn't have a mother or who does, or who has someone that they can think of or look up to as their mother. I believe that God put women on earth for a reason, and I am happy that he did, because in my eyes, the world would never be complete if it didn't have a single mother living or exsisting on it.