If This | Teen Ink

If This

Time flies, we all cry. Get up again and move on with life. I laugh, I scream. I'm lost in my head and in my dreams. Go ahead and stay up all night, there's nothing else left to lose in this life.

You're gone while I'm still here. Miles away and I wish you were near. I miss the songs we'd sing to on the radio and the feeling of never growing old. I miss staying up late with you and I miss believing that dreams could come true. Yes anything was possible with you.

Days pass by, and the nights fly. Take a second to look up to the sky. Hard to keep your head up high sometimes. Go back home after things don't turn out to be what I thought and the price I paid, wasn't worth what I bought. I smile, I look down, but I'm trying my best to stay around.

You're gone while I'm still here. Miles away and I wish you were near. Imiss the songs we'd sing to on the radio and the feeling of never growing old. I miss staying up late with you and believing that dreams could come true. Yes anything was possible with you.

We fly our separate ways, though most nights I wish you'd have stayed. I cry and I scream whenever I think about you and me. I can't stand to think about what we had and whether the things I feel were ever real. It makes me crazy to think about what could have been, if this had to never begin.

Time flies, we all cry. Get up again and move on with life.