Time with the falling clock | Teen Ink

Time with the falling clock

By redwolf10000 GOLD, New Market, Minnesota
redwolf10000 GOLD, New Market, Minnesota

:Rap: from the very start wasn’t really that smart with the F’s, the C’s and the D’s, as it seemed everyone was just judging me, I coughed and I choked, I screamed and I broke half down the road of destiny, a freak, a loser, I had no name it was just replaced with the flame of shame, burning, cause the words were hurting, walked alone as the world kept turning.

(chorus)
“Time, time keeps rolling, three, two, one, and I’m already thirty, waiting for a chance to come, cause I always was the one to run, into a different direction trying to chase the day.

Catch the clock as it falls
hope to god time won’t stall
watch the world spin round my head
as the clock hands start to bend”

:Rap: then, something happened, dawn had finally came showed me the sun, learned of my power with the pen and page that I use no matter the age, from the very first rhyme I threw down on the lines, made a name for myself as I mastered the mic, used the pain and shame to finally gain wisdom of the world and its games, learned to make friends as loneliness will end.

(chorus)
“Time, time keeps turning, three, two, one, and I’m already thirty, on the path everyone else takes don’t want to get lost and make mistakes, following everyone even into the rain.

Catch the clock as it falls
hope to god time won’t stall
watch the world spin round my head
as the clock hands start to bend”

:Rap: I am pushed to follow, otherwise they say I’ll be dropped to the bottom, tell me, I need to stop wasting time writing rhymes, instead I need to focus on something that shuts down the mind, screw that, I’ll rather take the F, cause I realized, I am not dumb, I am wiser than most with my eyes, looking for answers that haven't been solved, as others look through books and notes, I am the type who created those tools for others to use, I take wisdom over memory any day that's why I say…

(chorus)
“Time, time keeps folding, three, two, one, and I’m already thirty, creating paths that no one else has walked, being happy exactly where I am, a mic in my hands following my own plans, cause...

Catch the clock as it falls
hope to god time won’t stall
watch the world spin round my head
as the clock hands start to bend

Time, time keeps rolling, three, two, one, and I’m already thirty, the childhood I once knew left me with the clues that I used, to build myself up instead of down, as I look around I’m glad cause now I can stop the run and finally walk and enjoy the sun.

This is like a story of when I first discovered creative writing way back in elementry school and then paths through time I went through,however the difference in chorus can also be seen as different paths taken from the first Rap verse. It also is about how time seems to go by so fast yet also super slow.

let me know what you think of it.