School Hates Creativity | Teen Ink

School Hates Creativity

By redwolf10000 GOLD, New Market, Minnesota
redwolf10000 GOLD, New Market, Minnesota

:Rap:
I can’t stop with these never ending questions, push back into a direction, when the water rise and the eyes go blind that's when it's time to find… a solution, for this pollution, running in my head, I can’t lose it, break, crack, fall off track, cause I’m the few selected, I’m a fire not a buyer of the things that’s seen, a master crafter with the lyrics I breath, tell you what, give you a taste of creativity,

(Chorus)
  “tell me how creativity is wrong,
cause there's no money involved,
for the ones who teach as a job,
only the person who looked inside their mind
can find the worth of time,
can build up higher than any sky”

:Rap:
grades can’t step up to me, cause you can’t teach something that’s never been made, you can’t solve problems without an answer, I’m the key to bad I’m never seen, lost in dreams as schools teach to think only when you're told to,  remember this, read the facts, tests, so many, as people get paid making students think there's only one way that's already made, learn to follow and that's all there is to this game 

(Chorus)
  “tell me how creativity is wrong,
cause there's no money involved,
for the ones who teach as a job,
can find the worth of time,
can build up higher than any sky”

So I've always had problems when thinking about school, don't get me wrong, the idea of school is amazing. But in reality the school system is really bad. The whole grade thing is a joke, homework is a waste of time, and we test so much that students don't actually learn anything because we crame so much useless infomatrion into our memory banks, school is not about learning, its about tests, that is why creativity dies in schools, you don't remember an idea, you make it, but we don't learn this because ideas and creativity can't be graded, you can learn about it but because you can't be tested with it, it becomes worthless to the school system. sad to say School is a business, when students pass, the school system gets money, when students don't pass, the school system loses money, which is why we test so much, its not to make you a better student, its to make you worth money, and I see that as wrong, because creativity should not die for greed. that is what this song is about