I Wish | Teen Ink

I Wish

By JaeNari BRONZE, Parkton, North Carolina
JaeNari BRONZE, Parkton, North Carolina

"Did you hear about the rose that grew from a crack in the concrete? It proved that natures law is wrong, learned to walk without any feet. Funny it seems, but by keeping it's dreams, it learned to breath fresh air. ~ Tupac

I wish my heart wasn't so big. I'd never have to worry about hurting others or them hurting me. I wish I never had to wear glasses. They're just a pain that help me see. I wish I could soar beyond the stars. The hatred on earth is growing stronger. I wish we could get along with one another. I suppose world peace will have to wait a little longer. I wish I never reached out for my father. I just wanted a bond that would make me feel complete. I wish it would have lasted longer, instead of feeling like a two day retreat. I wish I didn't hold all of my emotions inside. They're a waste of space that keep me up at night. I wish my mind didn't go on forever. These thoughts in my head, what a sight. I wish I still had you here. You were the only person that helped me keep my sanity. I wish I didn't see so much failure when I look in a mirror. I see nothing, but fear, confusion, and vanity. I wish I wasn't so easily captivated. Your words and flow had me so infatuated. I wish I didn't care what others said about me, but their words leave me so irritated. I'm not good with words, I never will be. I'm a misunderstood has been, yeah that's me. I never want for nothing, it's usually something that I'm after. I always end up messing up, so will it be dessert or disaster?

Emotions seem to have a keen effect on how I write. I hope you enjoy reading it just as much as I enjoy writing it. Feedback always welcomed.

on Oct. 12 2017 at 1:46 am
WritingAddict03 SILVER, Saint Peters , Missouri

Everyone is a genius, but if you judge a fish by its ability to climb a tree it will live its whole life believing it is stupid. - Albert Einstein

So amazing! Great job! I do, however, highly disagree with when you say that you're not good with words and never will be. That is so false!!! This piece was well written and nobody who was and with words could have woven such an amazingly captivating piece. I would love to hear it sung!!! Please keep writing for the benefit of all of us!

Vampie said...
I love this story