He Likes The Color Blue | Teen Ink

He Likes The Color Blue

I asked him what he does for fun, he said, "I watch TV and occasionally run." I thought to myself, Boy aren't you like me. Perhaps, this could be more than I see. He said,"What are you reading? It seems good." I said, "A story about two lovers lost in the woods." He laughed and said, "That's not my type of book." All I did was smile, and our eyes met the next look.

I swear, the lights went out and all I did was stare. Right into his pretty green eyes, while I hoped he'd realize, what we could be. And that thought will, only belong to me.

He asked me where I'd like to go. I said, "It's been a few months, you should know." Then he gave me that stupid grin and said,"Oh right, New York City. Just because everything there is pretty." I could only agree. Next thing I knew he said he was in love with me.

I swear, the lights went out and all I did was stare. Right into his pretty green eyes, while I hoped he'd realize, what we could be. And that thought will, only belong to me.

Right outside a bookstore, ten long years that seemed sore. He asked, "Do you remember me?" I said, "I could ask you the same thing." And then rain started falling all over the place, while he was just inches from my face.

I swear, the lights went out and all I did was stare. Right into his pretty green eyes, while I hoped he'd realize, what we could be. And that thought will only belong to me.

If someone were to ask about him, anything, any question. When someone asked, "What did he mean to you?" All I'd say is, "The color blue."