Desperate Times | Teen Ink

Desperate Times

By AngelinDisguise1 SILVER, Pace, Florida
AngelinDisguise1 SILVER, Pace, Florida
6 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Hello? Is anybody there? Can anyone hear my cries? The more I feel, the more im drowning inside. I try to look towards the light but the darkness is consuming me, i am slowly losing my sight. I keep putting up a fight as the air suffocates me with all its might. All these shadows keep dragging me under when I close my eyes at night. I block out every sound around me except for you voice constantly screaming "Fight! Fight to stay alive!"

(Chorus)

Making it through each day is all I can do. But does that even matter to you? I don't think you have the sightest clue of this battle i am fighting through. I'll get though this nightmare soon. It will all be over soon.

Every time I look into your eyes, I see the damamge I made. I know there is nothing I can do to erase the pain away. If I give you my heart, will you promise to stay? I will do anything to show you that i have changed. I promise I won't turn back and become who I was yesterday. Nothing would be the same if you didn't show up in my life. I would be trapped in my own hell, being devoured by the flames.

(Chorus)

Making it through each day is all I can do. But does that even bother you? I don't think you have the slightest clue of this battle i'm fighting through. Ill get through this nightmare soon. It will all be over soon.

Even if I have nobody by my side, i'm going to still make my journey down the road of a lonely life. No matter what, I can look up towards the sky and know im going to be alright. Everything is going to be fine. Even though you left me halfway, Im still moving on. Im leaving you behind. Its about time that I dry these tears from my eyes and get myself back in line. It's going to be different this time. Your not going to win this time!!