Haunted | Teen Ink

Haunted

By foreverthefreakgirl BRONZE, Ashland, Ohio
foreverthefreakgirl BRONZE, Ashland, Ohio

i took my sins and made them composite
just one more skeleton for my closet
i can barely even see through the bones
of the children in gilded cages
who were trapped and tormented for ages subject to the tyrants on gold thrones
*the echoes of their lies/ of all their empty promises/ taunting hints/ of all you ever wanted/ dont you know theyll twist/ all you ever though of/ are you one of us/ one of the haunted*
you had my love once/ it turned vicious/
can you taste my pain/ is it delicous/
my dear the dark life is addictive
cant you see ive fallen from the sky/
*the echoes of the night/ call me to the dark stars/hidden corners/ lit by angry cars/and you will work so hard/but you wont get what you wanted/ youre one of us now one of the haunted*
oh what you dont know/theyll use you so/ no dont you go/ ill love your ghost/
*the echoes of the lies/ of all their evil promises/taunting hopes of all you ever wanted/and dont you know theyll destroy/ allthe innocence you fought for/ will you be one of us/ one of the haunted*
LOVE HURTS DARKLY/ LOVE HURTS DEEP/ YOU START TO FADE WHEN GREYNESS CREEPS / NO ONE CARES WHAT YOU WANTED/youre one of us/ one of the haunted

haunted is a song i wrote sitting in a church far away from home and i was just bombarded with memories of past failures and mistakes. i felt so haunted, thus this sing was born. i actually wrote this in my church booklet in a pew. while this is admittedly a dark song,i have nothing against religion in general.
happy reading and/ or singing

thank you so much :)

TheVoiceOfInk GOLD, Calgary, Other
I don't usually enjoy darker themes, but this wonderful and I can definitely see it as a song :) Keep up the great writing!