Fades Away

Look around you, it's all turning to grey. Keep your eyes open no matter how much it a-a-aches. They haunt you the scars of yesterday. Keep your eyes open no matter how much it ta-a-akes.

It's all falling down dreaming can't save you now. You hit the ground but there's only one way to go now.
Chorus: You spent too much time in your dreams, now your life is ripping at the seams. You can't hide, you can't run, whats done is done. Face the facts, feel the pain as it all fades away.

Verse 2:

You used to dream big. You wanted to be everything they told you, you couldn't do. But you got too comfortable in your dreams. That was your first mistake and now it's all starting to break. (Chorus) Verse 3:
And now every tear falls like raindrops hitting the ground. Every dream breaks like lightning crashing down. (Chorus x2) It's all falling down. Only one way to go now.

_Zavery_ said...
May 10, 2014 at 10:54 am
Good rhythm and rhyme! I really like this =)

WinterRose1976 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 7, 2014 at 8:40 am
These are fantastic song lyrics! I was singing along in my head while I was reading them. The only critique I have is the last line in the second verse. The words "mistake" and "break" almost sound harsh compared to the softer words like "big" and "do". I think if you reworded the last line and maybe shortened it alittle, it would flow better. Other than that, great job!!

mollybug14 replied...
 I really wasn't sure about that part,thank you for pointing it out. Do you have any suggestions, 'cause I have been having a really hard time trying to figure out what to change it to. 

mollybug14 said...
If it helps, the melody for this is mostly piano :)  

NOIZTHIMS replied...
i have about the same thing to say about the song as the first comment does. it is really bittersweet, and hard to tell without music, but there is a good amount of emotion behind it with lots of cool figuritism and sadness, almost depressing but still happy. 

Love2Read72 said...
I can't really tell if this would be a good song without music, but I absolutely love the lyrics. Bittersweet.

mollybug14 replied...
Thank you :)