Good-Bye | Teen Ink

Good-Bye

By MethodX BRONZE, Marathon, Wisconsin
MethodX BRONZE, Marathon, Wisconsin

"you got enemies, good that means you've actually stood up for something in your life" ~Eminem

Chorus
Tears in my eyes. sit in my room questioning why? I remember the last time i saw you, the next you die? i still haven't fully said goodbye.
Verse one
some days i still cry.i got so much i could say to you. from all the stuff you guided me through. thanks for all the knowledge you gave me. its saaved me. now wondering when my last day will be. you were my best friend straight till it came to the end. you were my hero. here for me when everyone else called me zero. you taught me to live with out fear though. now i'm blarring my feelings through the stereo! i've tried playing the role of a hero. from what you taught me. this is for you. but man you got no clue. how much you meant to me. some said you knew your time was up. so you gave up. you gave in. i stand by your bed as you diening. thinking of the times we was smiling. with you the sun could always shine through. they told me it was your final bed time. while everyones crying. i'm denying. seemed like my life just caved in, so i started running. i started hanging. i heard a voice in, my head tellingme to listen. asked what the heck you doing? it got under my skin, made my head spin, because it was your voice. it made me go crazy. my life got all hazy. everything seemed so shady.
CHORUS
tears in my eyes. sitting in my room questioning why? I remember the last time i saw you, the next you die? i still haven't fully sad goodbye.
VERSE 2
i dont think you realize the impact you had on my life. even in your after life. i gave up the thug life. turnt my life around. the day you shut down. my life got turnt upside down. people said i ain't been the same, because i wasn't the class clown. now i walk these halls hood up, face down. i walk through this town. you guided me through my stare down. i thought of the stuff you told me you was already gone. but i could feel your presence near me. as i stare at the guy with aknife as he could've ended my life. i dont blame my mistakes on your death. nobody to blame but myself. i did stupid things with my life. started hanging, with people who was slanging. thought of the stupid, forgot bout the rest, but now for you I am going to do my best. getting this off my chest. everything i've confessed. all of this i put on a track is because of you. you told me what to do. said if its your dream then chase it. so from now on i rep my turf. with my lyrics because i got the nerve, to stand up and say what im thinking. I'll kill the rest, of the rappers. all of this, just to show you that i'm me. goodbye homie. your precense is gone but you're near me in my heart. sad how you'll never truly see, what you meant to me.
I miss you man...

My song Good-Bye was wrote shortly after the death of my best friend. I was struggling majorly trying to deal with the death of the man who pushed me so much in my music career, so the only way i knew to deal with it was to write about it. if it wasn't for him i wouldn't be recording my album right now becasue i wouldn't have ever chased it. This dude meant the most to me of anybody whose on my crew, i miss him more than anybody i've ever lost, so this song is in memory of him.