Remember | Teen Ink

Remember

February 4, 2014
By SedonaJ BRONZE, Austin, Texas
SedonaJ BRONZE, Austin, Texas
2 articles 1 photo 1 comment

Favorite Quote:
"Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring."-Marilyn Monroe


When you feel so alone, while you’re left out in the cold
Remember all the things I did when we were there for each other
When your life is coming towards an end and your worn out and old
Don’t forget the events that occurred when we had love for one another

I might have needed you then, but not anymore
After the day you tore my heart out and left
I never quite understood what you did that for
But the pain, the love, the resentment, the hate, the agony was all so real, that I’m glad that we met.
If i had never felt those things, I would be still stuck inside my little world
Like a little girl who never took off her mother’s high heels when playing dress up
Or like a little boy who never let go of all his toy soldiers when they were all worn out
If I had never met you, it would have been someone else who would have done the same thing.
It might have turned out differently but I know that for a fact it was destiny and it was meant to be.

So when your heart is aching over another person for what they did to you,
remember these words that i am directing at you.
You might of been the first butterfly that ever flew in my stomach.
The first ache i ever felt in my heart.
But you were not the last and will never be the last.
Because you my friend are going to be lost in the past.

I might have felt hate then, and sorrow before and love before that.
But when you took me and tried to break me i knew that the love that i thought we had.
Was infact a distant memory, that was not even a memory but a dream of what i wanted to be a reality.
But what you did is ok now. I might have hated you then, but the hate has been drained from my soul. Just like the love that i thought I had for you really didn’t make me whole.

I know now that the love i feel for him is way beyond the love i ever felt for you.
Even if this love doesn’t last forever in this moment of time him and I are the perfect two.
But I didn’t write this song for him my sweet dear or for you let me make that very clear.
I wrote it for me, because i needed to release the feelings that flowed through my blood so long ago.
And for you two finally know.
That I have let you go.


The author's comments:
This is a song that I wrote about a break up that happened around a year ago. The relationship was very unhealthy and I knew I had to get out of it. I hope this inspires other girls to let out their emotions through writing instead of going back to the problem or drowning in their tears. Any break up is hard for a teen girl but if I can get even just one girl to not cry and instead use their emotions towards something positive then I will feel like I accomplished my goal!