Love Like War

Intoxicated by the lie
A kiss in the dark
Blindly marching in

Battlefield of heats
Set it ablaze
Tonight

Equal to bullets
Every act we make
Has a sorry little consequence

Can’t even tell
If my life is a living hell
And you shooting your mouth again

Warring affection of the heart
Unaware of the very
B**** I’m running from

A love like war
All over the trigger
Don’t let the hammer drop

When you’re playing with matches
Burn it to ashes
This love like war

We go down together
Or not at all
Bang! Bang!

You should have known that
I would be willing to burn the whole world down

That’s war baby

Shadow_Wolf said...
Mar. 3 at 3:18 pm:
So true.... I wish war did not exist. :(

Adz26 said...
I really enjoyed this poem A LOT. I think it is really great! Also, I like the free-ness about it, it's very true to your own heart. I think this is beautiful!

RainyMoodThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
3/5 Again I am a little confused as to what you are trying to say. I don't think the use a profanity was really needed. I did like the third stanza though, I thought it was great. Idk just my opinion. Maybe it just that I have never experienced this nor do I agree that love is like war....

RayynbowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I agree with LaChouette that punctuation would help your work flow better. I think that punctuation might also help get more of the emotion you're trying to portray across to the reader. Unfortunately, this isn't the type of poem that I often read and enjoy, so I can't comment objectively on much else.

LaChouette This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Very interesting comparison. I'm pretty sure I get what you're saying, but one thing I think your piece needs is punctuation; I think it'll help your work flow better. I am wondering about your second stanza though. It might just be me (usually, it is) but I'm wondering if 'and' really fits as the beginning to the last line. It might be me, but I'm wondering if 'or' would fit better there.The reason I bring it up is that I'm not quite sure of your meaning ... (more »)