Take the Reins This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

By , Shade3043 did this, in case of anonymous, United States
Circling insanity.
Fireflies awake.
Martyr of my vanity.
Stars start to shake.
On the floor, drawing the outline of the rejected chances.
With the sound of broken hearts, I get trapped in the dances.

I know that I'm dead. Bury me away.
I've had enough of average. Enough of okay.
I turn around to breathe, but nothing comes out.
These words are nothing but pains.
Rising above the priests and clergy devout.
Take the reins, my Lord, take the reins.

Alabian said...
Dec. 21, 2013 at 1:35 am
I know I already commented, but I just HAD to say CONGRATULATIONS for getting this in the magazine!! You truly deserved it!!

Midnight5765This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
I must admit this sounds more like a poetic ballad than a song lyric. I love the flow because I could follow and feel every rhyme. 

lexaregina said...
So beautiful. I would love to hear the melody.

luvcats22 said...
Sept. 2, 2013 at 12:00 am
Wow, that was so. . . moving, i like it 5/5 for you : )

ChrisJThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
So deep, thought-provoking, and creative. Great job and congratulations on the Editor's Choice!

Alabian said...
You have such heart in your poetry. I can tell you feel what you write. There's sadness in your work, but hope deep down. I love it, as usual. Amazing job:)))