Only Your Past | Teen Ink

Only Your Past

By DizjayBlount PLATINUM, Las Vegas, Nevada
DizjayBlount PLATINUM, Las Vegas, Nevada

"Emotions? Nope, I've got nothin' like that. I told you when we first met, didn't I? I'm a snake. With cold skin, no emotions, that slithers around searching for prey with its tongue, swallowing down whatever looks tasty"
-Gin Ichimaru

I'm falling back into pain again. Just rush me past to the healing end. Wash the hatred from my skin. And show me how to love again. Fly me up on your sacred wings. Past my dark, where the evil rings. Warm me up in your loving glow. Don't drop me down to the life i know.

Though I'm only your past. Just a broke piece of glass. Don't know how the hell to be what you see. For me to be.

I walk alone in a blasting screen. Of all the secrets that i have seen. Wash the hatred from my skin. And show me how to love again.

Though I'm only your past. Just a broke piece of glass. There's no way i can be what you asked of me.

Cause I'm only your past. Just a broke piece of glass. Don't know how the hell to be what you see. What you asked of me. For me to be.