Be Patient

Dark days, dark skies,
I see the pain and fear, it's glowing in your eyes,
Risks you take, goodbyes you write,
I'm gonna help you dear, I see straight through the lies.

Please put that down,
I know you can resist temptation,
When life burns you out,
Relight the flame and change the station,
Live life without,
All the things that drag you down,
Wait the storm out,
I know you can if you just be patient.

Bad dreams, every night,
You can't escape the pain,
Not even when you shut your eyes,
Every day, when you rise,
Happiness you try to fake, in reality you wanna die.

Please put that down,
I know you can resist temptation,
When life burns you out,
Live life without,
All the things that drag you down,
Wait the storm out,
I know you can if you just be patient.

My friend keep on standing tall,
I'll be right here through it all,
A new chapter will begin,
I promise this one will end. X2

Please put that down,
I know you can resist temptation,
When life burns you out,
Live life without,
All the things that drag you down,
Wait the storm out,
I know you can if you just be patient.

Dark days, dark skies,
I see the pain and fear, it's glowing in your eyes.

SongBird04 said...
May 5, 2013 at 10:46 pm:
I love this! It is very encouraging, and it has good flow! Keep on writing, this is amazing. :) 

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
OH my gosh! Absolutely WOW. That is just so powerful... One thing I particularly fell in love with was your uneven rhythm. I'm usually really a stickler for "run-on" rhythms, but I fell in love with yours. For example, a short line followed by a long line gives the reader a sense of mystery, of anxiousness, of waiting. THe longer line seems to almost drag on until it's resolved with a rhyming word. It's chilling, but reassuring. Chillingly reassuring. Fantastic. I love the ... (more »)

BlondifytheWorld said...
I'm in love <3

swat17 replied...
Apr. 25, 2013 at 7:26 am :
Thanks blondifytheworld

MyApocalypticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This song is a wonderful reminder of how I got into poetry. A powerful, powerful message of strength that we ALL need at one point or another.   I have to say, my favourite line is "Relight the flame and change the station". That's great. You have such hope in your spirit, and I certainly hope to see more from you :)   (And like Mckay, looking forward to hearing this on the radio someday! :))

TevyRaeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
"Please put that down."  speaking as a person with friends who are serious cutters, this line made a huge impact. its so simple, yet has such caring in it. great job! :D Five Stars!!

swat17 replied...
Apr. 20, 2013 at 10:09 pm :
TevyRae, you hit it right on the head, that's what the line means. Thank you :)

KatielinThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
It is everything. We all need to remember that we can keep going. Keep our head up never give up.

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
oh to put this in words? hmmm i got it It was pure genius ion a can and i'm screaming out dnacing around saying your words loving it :3

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
"But you gotta keep your head up, oh,And you can let your hair down, eh.you gotta keep your head up, oh,And you can let your hair down, eh. I know it's hard, know its hard,To remember sometimes,But you gotta keep your head up, oh,And you can let your hair down, eh." You're inspirational. Love your songs. When can I hear them on the radio? 

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Very good! I would love to hear this. As is, i like the way you connected the beginning and the end. I agree with marie that the second verse is stellat, but I also liked the chorus. Great work!

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Wow! This was absolutely a joy to read! I would love to hear this being sung. The second stanza(?) was really, really great. Most songs are very mainstream and overdone, but this seemed very original to me. The lyrics were deep and sincere. I caught all the emotion in this very easily. Great job!