Follow Your Heart | Teen Ink

Follow Your Heart

March 4, 2013
By estherhoran__ GOLD, Bell Gardens, California
estherhoran__ GOLD, Bell Gardens, California
10 articles 0 photos 24 comments

Favorite Quote:
Never lose an opportunity of seeing anything beautiful, for beauty is God's handwriting. -Ralph Waldo Emerson


Verse 1:
We hug. We flirt. We kiss. You even let me borrow your sweatshirts. We're the cutest couple out there, but you love her more than you could ever love me. oh baby.

Chorus:
I knew from the moment I let you in I'd never want to let you out, but there's a girl in your backyard waiting for you to follow your heart, and that won't lead you to me. o, baby, can't you see you're the one for me, but I'm not the one for you, so go be happy my darling and follow your heart.

Verse 2:
You walked in with this cute, little grin. I fell for you in an instant. From that moment on, I knew I was never the girl for you. oh.

chorus

bridge:
There's this girl looking cute with hair long like mine. She's a little taller than me, but not by too much. She's waiting for you to follow your heart. Now go.

chorus


The author's comments:
I wrote this while I was daydreaming in class, where most of my work comes from. I usually fantasize about these romances and different situations and the like and I wrote this particular one about a boy who I was warned not to like because he was in love with this other girl and vice versa, but they both won't admit it. I wrote it about letting him go, because I knew he didn't love me. I kind of wanted to give it this Karmin/Cher Lloyd/Taylor Swift-y feel. I wanted the bridge to be more of rap. SO i hope you like. Comment what you think.