A Long Way Down

Shes a daydreamer shes not good for much. All she does is dream of what she could become. What she doesn't realize is without doin anything now. It'll all start crumbling down.

Chorus: Its a long way down when you're high up in the clouds. Its a painful fall when you're dreamin you've got it all. Its a slowly fading memory when you open your eyes and finally see. Its a long way down.

Now shes 23 starin out the window dreamin about tomorrow. She was just a girl but now shes grown. To scared to try to achieve what she wants. So she pretends shes the movie star shes watchin now. She pretends shes the singer on the radio right now. Her life is goin by fast she hasn't realized it yet the lesson that is. (repeat chorus)

She cant stop cryin now cause shes seen the truth. But she knows shes got somethin to prove. So she'll make that dream come true. (repeat chorus)

Sydney33 said...
I think this could be a really good pop song. Sing by someone like Tatlor Swift or Arianna Grande. It flows quite nicely.

mollybug13 replied...
Oct. 14, 2013 at 11:56 pm :
Thank you so much :)   *

Krasota-Butterflies-and-AngelsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love the optimism :) It's a pretty song, and you made the sad bits a little brighter with the last line. Great job! :D

mollybug13 replied...
Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:24 pm :
Thanks   *

DawnieRae said...
Hi molly its Dawnie! I love this song, its great, especially for your first one! great job! 

mollybug13 replied...
Aug. 29, 2013 at 5:22 pm :
Thanks :) *

Chichot123 said...
May 9, 2013 at 10:20 am:
A little dark but beautiful. I really enjoyed it. :) 

mollybug13 replied...
Jun. 21, 2013 at 12:37 am :
Thanks. :)

LexusMarieThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hey there! For your first song I think that this is pretty impressive. I like the chorus, I could see myself singing it in the car. I think it's a quick, simple song, but you were able to put a lot of thought into it and that is very special. The flow of this is nice and it would sound great being sung. I feel that this could either be sung slow or up beat and still have the sincere meaning you put in this song. You have a few grammar errors, but those are not a big deal. In the third stanza... (more »)

TheEpic95This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is seriously good. AND familier. I think i already commented, or tried to earlier. But thats okay, now I can come back and rate it ;)

Artgirl1999 replied...
Apr. 13, 2013 at 10:13 pm :
Great job! All you need is a few punctuation edits, and this would be 5/5! Really good!

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
honey, if you dont sing this, I WILL!!! awesome song, you should totally keep writing songs. i could totally think up an awesome piano part to this. awesome song!

mollybug13 replied...
Apr. 8, 2013 at 10:21 pm :
Thanks, you can sing it if you want to. If you do would you post a video so I can see how it sounds?

Laugh-it-OutThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Apr. 9, 2013 at 3:57 pm :
Sure I guess

laurengerhard This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Beautiful! 5 stars. I love your chorus.

jmitchbb said...
This is a really beautiful song, I can almost hear it being sung in my head!

DoctorbugThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is absolutely beautiful. I can actually hear the music that goes with this :) But that may be because I like to sing a lot and make up my own tunes, lol XD. This actually reminds me of the song "Stand in the Rain" by Superchick.

mollybug13 replied...
Apr. 8, 2013 at 9:18 pm :
Thanks :) Stand in the Rain is 1 of my fav songs so that really means a lot. :)

ash57999This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 15, 2013 at 5:24 pm:
I love this song!  It flows nicely and the word choice is great! 5 stars (now I want to hear you sing it! ^^ )

mollybug13 replied...
Mar. 15, 2013 at 7:26 pm :
thanks :) i dont know if ill ever sing it but if i do ill let you know.

Diana101 said...
Mar. 8, 2013 at 5:43 pm:
This was really good !  :)