Devils or Angels | Teen Ink

Devils or Angels

January 6, 2013
By Anonymous

In the stories that you heard, when you were young. There was always the evil, the darkness and the blood. And the hero's that saved you, that thrived in the light, from the devils that condemned you, that flew through the night.

What can you see? Just the glory of me.
Far from the truth, that was me and you.
Nowhere to go, unless you know, are we the devils or angels?
The devils or angels?

And right past the light, and the darkness that kills, we fly through, taking our pills. We've saved you all, and died in vain, and we've suffered through, all of your pain.

What can you see? Not the glory of me.
Far from the truth, that was me and you.
Nowhere to go, unless you know, are we the devils or angels?
The devils or angels?

We've killed your fathers, and saved you mothers, swallowed our pride, then died inside. We broke your bones, and ground them into dust. We stole into your homes, and said that it was just. And in the black of night, when the moon rises full, we come out, finally whole.

What can you see? Not the glory that was me.
Far from the truth, that was me and you.
Nowhere to go, unless you know, unless you know!
What can you see? Anything but me.
Far from the truth, you learned in your youth.
And where can you go, since you don't know,
Don't know,
Are we, the devils or angels?


The author's comments:
This is just about not knowing who or what you are. If you're good or not. And challenging others to define you, daring them to tell you who and what you are.