Approach With Caution

Watch the animals
And keep your hands near
Don't let emotions take over
Emotions like fear

Danger, danger
They're the wild ones
Danger, danger
Keep clear of the guns

'Cause they'll shoot
Without caution
They'll attack
Without poison

Keep your hands
Within reach
And don't hesitate
To study each

Approach with caution
Approach with caution
Could be counterfeit
Could be a lie

Approach with caution
Approach with caution
It might attack
Might whisper secrets

Approach with caution
Approach with caution
Because it won't be easy
This cheap, blind love

Danger, danger
Keep out of the cage
Danger, danger
An electric fence waits

'Cause they'll harm
Without thought
They'll shock
No afterthought

Keep yourself
Within the walls
Don't hesitate
To take a pause

Approach with caution
Approach with caution
Could be counterfeit
Could be a lie

Approach with caution
Approach with caution
It might attack
Might whisper secrets

Approach with caution
Approach with caution
Because it won't be easy
This cheap, blind love

Approach with caution
Approach with caution
Hold your secrets
And yourself

MckayThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 4:24 pm:
Nice repetativeness. I got that you meant the whole poem to be  a metaphor. I do agree with RarelyJaded it was slightly vague what the metaphor was. But I had a sense that it was to be aware of danger. Nice structure. And the last line is somewhat chilling. when I read this I envision lots of yellow caution tape Law and Order style. lol

JettaWintryThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
today at 9:33 pm :
That's what I wanted!! And yes, the metaphor's a little vague, but I like to add a bit of vagueness so people are free to interpret it as their minds will. Thank you so much for the feedback!

RarelyJadedThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 4 at 8:39 pm:
I have to admit, I couldn't figure out the metaphor (my brain hurts plus I'm tired) but I do know that I loved it! My favorite part was the first stanza when you said, "watch the animals and keep your hands near, don't let emotions take over, emotions like fear." Jealous

jetta.ckThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Feb. 5 at 6:14 pm :
Thank you! (: I think it was supposed to be a hostile person or something of the sort... my brain is sore too (: