Thoughts on Childhood

Sitting on a bench,
Not a comfortable one,
In a public park,
It was not dark.
As I was thinking of invention,
Something caught my attention,
It was a boy,
Quite a small boy,
Playing with joy,
With his toy.

Tears trickled down,
My cheeks, I looked down,
Upon the green ground,
Remembered an old wound.
That wound of emotion,
Stopped all my motion.
Seeing the child play,
Made me sad, this way,
I was not being cruel.
But had been a fool,
Fool in the sense,
Which is quite dense.

I wanna re-live my childhood,
If only be possible, it could!

Jade.I.AmThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
today at 2:49 pm:
Haha this was sort of emotional AND playful, to me...I liked it mucho

SaphiraBrightscalesThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 21 at 12:03 pm:
Aww that's true most of us feel that way....just one tiny thing I'd like to point out... Umm you rhymed "wound" with "ground" I guess, But wound is pronounced as "woo-ound" just check the pronunciation. :D BUt overall lovely poem.

UsamaAhmed said...
Apr. 17 at 12:58 pm:
hahah awsum yaar... but i agree with sparkle.

Swa.Swara.VismayaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 14 at 10:13 am:
share the same feeling..wanna live my childhood again...the innocence and carefreeness haunts me still....  

AbbaDabbaDooThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 12 at 7:47 am:
Very relatable and beautiful!

FallenoutofgraceThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 4 at 3:07 pm:
so cool it is something we all want to re-live :3

The_girl_at_her_deskThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 15 at 4:31 am:
well said...somethng everyone dreams abt....

in.this.momentThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 15 at 12:16 am:
<3 

Scribbleaway.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 27 at 11:30 am:
Thats so cool. :3

baileyanneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 15 at 2:36 pm:
Wow... i got teary eyed!  AWESOME JOB!! :)

country-cuteyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 12 at 12:53 pm:
again u have great talent but dont force the rhym in so much let it flow

MonsterGirl2000This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 11 at 2:15 pm:
i loike it

Mr.PoetmanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 7 at 12:27 pm:
By reading this i can tell you have great talent, but i dont necesarily like this particular poem, no offence, like i said your vary talented

HamzawaseemThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 7 at 2:03 am:
thanks everyone for the comments

MysticLadyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 6 at 11:23 pm:
Wow!! this totally remined me of my childhood. This is pretty emotional. Good writing though

Battle-ColorsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 6 at 2:29 pm:
This poem is good.  It's also true, childhood is a good time.

SerenX said...
Jan. 6 at 6:52 am:
I think the idea here was very good, but at a certain point the rhymes became forced. They were there just to make rhyming and didn't help the depth of the poem. This caused your meaning to become a bit obscured. I liked it but it needs some fine tuning. ^^

wordweaver1999 said...
Jan. 4 at 1:53 am:
very flowy, but the last two lines could be better

B.C.S.This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 2 at 3:51 pm:
I like the topic of the poem, but the last line does not really flow all that great, and i would change "wanna" to "want to". it doesn't seem to fit with the rest of the poem. 

theatregirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jan. 2 at 2:29 pm:
I like your poem too. I do agree with other commenter. The last line sound forced and awkward. Fix and the poem will be perfect.keep writing ! :)