Weary

What is improvement if it has no end,
And what is an end if it has no purpose?
What's a purpose if it isn't moral, and what is moral if nothing is true?
What is life if in the words of the 'wise',
We have nothing in life but to eat... to sleep... to die.
What is war, if you don't choose sides?
And what is a side if both have to die?
Pain is eternal, but only if it's true.
In a world of abstract why can't I choose?
But if the world's made a doubter of you,
Ask those who have suffered, there’s no doubters among the Jews.
Nor the Greeks and the condemned Romans, “are you amused?”
Or entertained or confused,
Dumbstruck and abused.
But what is improvement if it has no end.
Just the same weary story over and over again.

amandatheshadowgirlThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
oh my gosh. i LOVE THIS!! good job!! for a first, this is absolutely amazing!!

Angelic_Kitten_GuenythThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Dec. 28, 2012 at 11:08 pm :
This is a really good first!!!!! I REALLY wish people would read this because its what the world should be like. Especially the people who make TV, They could really use some morals. Also can you read my first poem "Inside the Body" 

RolledthestoneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Jan. 16 at 11:46 am :
AWE-SOME! (singsong voice) Only thing I can suggest, it might sound better if you say "We have nothing in life but to eat...sleep...and die" The to's kind of bother me for some reason. Amazing otherwise