The Boy in the Red Mustang | Teen Ink

The Boy in the Red Mustang

By AllieMae SILVER, Los Lunas, New Mexico
AllieMae SILVER, Los Lunas, New Mexico

Imperfection is beauty, madness is genius and it's better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring.
Marilyn Monroe

Verse 1: Boy in the Red Mustang you walk by me, my heart skips a beat. I imagine what it would be like if we were together you and me.
Verse 2: You come across my mind more than my head tells my heart to beat. It’s come to the point where it’s the though of you that keeps my heart going. I wonder if you think the same about me.
Verse 3: The night we sat in your car, we listened to the band Five Finger Death Punch, we talked about our lives and our future. I thought it was perfect, it could be like this forever!
Chorus: Boy in the Red Mustang I wish you could see, what it is you do to me!
Verse 4: Boy in the Red Mustang you always tell me, “Maybe we can, we will someday, you and me.” When is someday going to be a reality?
Verse 5: I hope my waiting isn’t for nothing. I hope my worst fear will never come true. Please tell me my heart will be intact in the end.
Verse 6: I’m sick of waiting for a dream that might not come true! I’m sick of waiting for an answer that might not lead me to you! I wish I could know without destroying what we have! I wish I could accept what you and I have now. But, I wish you could see how perfect we would be.
Verse 7: They say, “Never give up on something you can’t go a day without thinking about.” Maybe that’s why I’ll always hold on.