I guess you already know | Teen Ink

I guess you already know

October 24, 2012
By Marvinn GOLD, Cannon Beach, Oregon
Marvinn GOLD, Cannon Beach, Oregon
10 articles 1 photo 2 comments

Favorite Quote:
"I’m glad we had the times together just to laugh and sing a song, seems like we just got started and then before you know it, the times we had together were gone."- dr. suess


I worked so hard, so hard to fight my fears, I've tried too long, too long to stop the tears. And I wonder had I played it safe, would you still be there calling me, saying my name?
But I'm too far now, no I can't go around. I must admit... You're the reason, the reason I'm drowning in my own tears. Lost in the madness I called home. Turning around no direction's safe. You're the reason I let go, but now I guess you know.
I always thought I was a happy one they I had said a heart of love. But then you walked in blue eyes brimming of something new. My heart fell fast before I knew it I said the the words "I love you too." You talked with smile every girl tried to win, I never even saw the sin. No one saw the lies under your broken heart disguise.
But we're too far now, no we can't go around. I must admit you're the reason for these tears. Lost in the madness we called home. You're the reason I let go, but I guess you know.
Then all at once say you can't handle it. Did you ever think I was too innocent? They said maybe you would come back.
But you're too far now, no you can't go around. You must admit, you've had to many nights drowning in your own tears. Lost in the madness you'll never come home. Because I already let go, but I guess now you know.


The author's comments:
This was just written about two people who fell in love. One got played, but in the end they both got burned.