Autumn Leaf

Brown and orange, with faint whispers of green,
A streak of golden boasts a handsome gleam
The fiery red, angry and daring,
The gentle, blunt yellow, friendly and caring
The dark black freckles, unwanted but completing,
A mix between maroon and amber, colourfully cheating
The leaf flutters down, stays there for a while,
Until a little girl picks it up, admiring it with a smile.

CJJunior said...
Nov. 26, 2012 at 9:45 am:
Well, normally I hate poems that rhyme, but this one was great, because the rhyming wasn't forced. It felt natural, like it was just part of the poem, which is great.  I just loved the imagery you used, and the way you played with the words.

kate12345me replied...
Nov. 29, 2013 at 8:40 pm :
Totally agreed, rhyming is often pretty overdone...thanks for the comment and feedback!

FakesmileThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 19, 2012 at 2:03 pm:

You asked me in a comment in my article 'Palpitate' to read some of your writing, and ummm...... I have to admitt you must be crazy because my article wasn't half as good as this poem!

I loved the descpritions! 'Brown and orange with faint whispers of green' that had to be my favorite line in the poem out of all of them, because right when it started you grabbed the reader's attention.

The only thing i would say that bugged me was that the author's comment was longer... (more »)

kate12345me replied...
Nov. 29, 2013 at 8:42 pm :
What?! As if...your article was amazing! Thanks though, and yeah, I know, I wanted to keep the poem short, but my descriptions are almost always as meaningful to me as the actual poem, sorry! Thank you so much, anyway :)

french_chic said...
hey! can i just say this was fantastic! you are a very good writer and i can tell you have alot of passion injected into this. you are very alternating in your descriptions and i like it! please check out some of my work, im not logged in atm but...yeah!

rosetta456 said...
This was Awesome! wow, how do you write! iT WAs short, but was amazingg! I love you write so much, but I no have good wnglish to write any thing or any one help me. But I think this good work, how you say? Bravo, bella!

sunshinesmiles said...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 3:18 am:
KEEP WRITING. THIS IS ABSOLUTELY MAG-NIFICENT! I THINK YOU ARE VERY GOOD, I LOVE THE COLOURS YOU DESCRIBED. PLEASE DO KEEP WRITING, YOU HAVE GOT REAL WORDS. X

kristie22 said...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 3:16 am:
Hun, I believe you have a career in the making, with this poem. I do think that you shouldn't have made the amber and maroon line quite so bumpy, but it'll do. The rest is quite the masterpiece! I think that this is mag-worthy! I don't get why there is some absolute rubbish going in there, all based on votes. But I think this is a fine example of verbal art! Please keep writing, I rate this 10 out of 5! :-)

jennals said...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 3:13 am:
AAAAAAAH! I LOVE FALL, my absolute fav season!!!! I cant believe how beautiful your flow is! This is a piece of golD poetry, i reckon :) HOLY COW! its FANTABULOUS :))

BethBuzz said...
Jan. 19, 2012 at 3:09 am:
All I can say is: Beautiful! You have got an awesome way with words and I encourage you to keep writing. I can't believe you're only 13, honestly! I am a young adult and I am very thankful that this kind of talent is still alive in the modern age!

GertieHam said...
You have very real talent and this was awesome! Beautiful work, please keep writing more like these. I love to read poems with as much feeling and heart invoked as this. This was very touching and playful, as well, in a bubbly kind of way. This has shown us that our world still has young talent! By the way, how old are you? This is great!

kate12345me replied...
Jan. 17, 2012 at 9:34 pm :
Thankyou so much, I am 13 years old!

AbbieISready said...
Love this. You captured it all perfectly with the flowing ease of a poem. I love how each color has its own personality and it's very flowing. I just read this aloud to my ma and she said it was a true showcase of beautiful imagery and talent. Girl, keep writing. Rated this cause it's amazing. This should defs be in the MAG, don't you reckon, guys? HAHA! xoxoxo

musicalmolly said...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 10:11 am:
This is great! I am absolutely horrible at writing poetry, so I really wish I could write like you! I love the flow and rhythm of your work. The imagery was excellent too. Wonderful job! I can't wait to read more of your work!

Virtus.et.Sapientia said...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 12:24 am:
I liked this poem. the description and personification of the colors was beautiful. My one piece of advice would be not to sacrifice the flow. The line about Maroon and Amber doesnt quite fit your rhythm and it threw me off a little bit. I think if you could fix that a bit it would be absoultely stunning.

kate12345me replied...
Jan. 16, 2012 at 4:58 am :
Yes, I realised that after I submitted! Ah well, can't do much now. But yes, I took that into account and I hope I don't make the same mistake again! Thank you for your feedback, 13-year-old Katie x

SarasotaWonder said...
Jan. 15, 2012 at 11:23 am:
I really enjoyed the rythmn you had to the piece.....it was easy to read and added meaning to the words.....and you also did an awesome job with imagary and word choice :) keep it up and I look forwords to seeing more from you!

AceOfAngels said...
This was beautifully written. The grammar and writing was excellent. It ties together to show great imagery with the colors and the falling leaf. Keep writing

hedwigy13 said...
Really pretty. I love those leaves that are just a ton of different colors

stringing.words.together said...
Jan. 13, 2012 at 7:52 am:
Amazing, your poem is. Great job and keep writing.