Never Broken | Teen Ink

Never Broken

By thunder490 BRONZE, Cookeville, Tennessee
thunder490 BRONZE, Cookeville, Tennessee

#
Day by day, no sleep through night, this light never gave me sight, always saying do or die, and hoping life won't pass me by, you pull the string to turn my head, loss of hope's like being dead, seeing what you want to see, can't you see it's killing me
#
when it seems that odds are counting down, broken dreams fall all around, reach out , grab one and you'll see, the dreams never broken, all part of me
(chorus:
those dreams shone bright, watch and you'll see, another kind of light, shining through the shattered faith, fixing all the big mistakes, the last unbroken part of me, you hold in your hand, won't let me see, you never broke this heart or me)

All i've seen are lonely streets, cracks in sidewalk, growing weeds, when these streets fill with people, you'll believe in what you'll never see,

when you watch the days all pass me by, know you hold my will to fly, the dreams you hold are not your own, they can only be set in stone

(chorus: ,those dreams shone bright, watch and you'll see, another kind of light, shining through the shattered faith, fixing all the big mistakes, the last unbroken part of me, you hold in your hand, won't let me see, you never broke this heart or me)

There goes a broken heart, watch and you'll see, there goes a broken heart, the only part you broke of me, when you hear the things, I'd like to say, but you decide to push me away, when you refuse to believe what your eyes can't see, you only broke one part of me

This song is my heart, values, beliefs, and soul all poured into one. I hope people can see what they can do to another person, and the horrible things they can make others feel. I love this song.