You're Mine

Verse 1:

When you’ve lost your way,
And you don’t know which path to take; Just reach for my hand, and I’ll show you the way
When the storm of life brings you farther than you want to go
Reach for my hand, and I’ll never let go.

Chorus:
When the rain falls,
when the sky is dark
Don’t be scared, I’ll be there
And I’ll never depart
From right now, to the end of time
I will always be there, and you’ll be just fine, cause your mine,
oh you’re mine!

Verse 2:

When trials seem to rip up your dreams,
Don’t give up, and don’t give in
Don’t let Satan win.
Remember that I’m fighting by your side,
So never run and never hide!

Chorus:

When the rain falls, when the sky is dark
Don’t be scared, I’ll be there
And I’ll never depart.
From right now, to the end of time
oh you’re mine!

Sometimes things happen that we can’t understand,
But call out to the Father,
take Him by the hand!

Chorus:
Don’t be scared, I’ll be there
And I’ll never depart.
From right now, to the end of time
I will always be there, and you’ll be just fine, cause your mine, oh you’re mine!

You will always be mine!

distant_dreamer said...
Oh my goodenss, I just am so overwhelmed!!! I want to thank each one of you for your comments, they mean sooo much to me, and you all just made my day! :D

candygirl1985This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Could you maybe set these lyrics to music? And maybe have someone sing it? I really like it, it is very good!

Nerd34 said...

I loved this great job!!!!!!!! Keep writing

LoveMeFoever said...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 11:12 am
That... Was... I Don't Know... I'm Speechless... It Was Truely Amazing... And, I'll Be Sure To Remember This Song.(:

travelbuff13 said...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 9:57 am
That is just........ I am speechless

distant_dreamer replied...
Hey just wanted to personally thank you for putting my song on your favorites, that is such an honor! :D Oh and I also saw that you just created an account on here, so Welcome!! :D ♥

RupaPrasad said...
Mar. 17, 2011 at 12:34 am
I loved it... it has worked as an inspiration for me as i too wanna write  songs... great work... keep writing more....

Lilium said...
That was a really good song :) I liked it! You should write another one~!

distant_dreamer replied...
thank you sooo much for adding me to your favorites, that is such an honor, and I'm So happy you liked the song!

jack2024 said...
This poem was very good.  The author of this poem knew how to capture the reader’s attention.  The poem didn’t go into too much depth, but I still liked the meaning behind it.  It did take me two times to read it before I understood the whole thing.  I think they need to stay with simplicity more than complexity.

cbking1 said...
this was awesome

da1sygirl said...
This is REALLY good! Keep writing song lyrics, and maybe you'll inspire me to write more lyrics.

e@gles16 said...

You are welcome :))))

musicfanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
This is really good! I love how you didn't let us know who was saying these things when you mention the Father.

e@gles16 said...
Feb. 5, 2011 at 8:37 am
I love dis song, alot & it have alot of meaning to it when you think you dont have no one but you always have the Father & he will never let you go?

distant_dreamer replied...
Feb. 6, 2011 at 7:10 am
Yes! The "Father" in this song, is talking about Go.d, and He wont ever let His child go, no matter what! It's basically Go.d saying "I will always be there, and you'll be just fine, cause your MINE! :) Thanks for all the sweet comments.

Hope U. said...

how sweet ,that song was so pretty

pixiedust15 said...

Encore, encore!!!!!!!!! Briiliant masterpiece! 5 stars for the awesome poet. :)

Your stylye of poetry is amazing, especially for your 1st one. What made you want to write this?

distant_dreamer replied...
Aww thank you so much!!!!! :) I'm soo glad you liked it! Um..I just felt like writing a song, and idk, the words just suddenly came to me! :) Thanks for you sweet comments!!!!

WaterGirl23 said...
i love it! :D

Jessi_chick said...
This is really good you should keep up all of ur good work I love it! I hope to be as good as u one day :)