Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

Omnomftw said...
This is great! I'm such a disney movie fan so I'm in love with this! XD

amanda727 replied...
Jan. 14, 2010 at 12:00 pm :
haha thank you! I am too. What is your favorite Disney movie/character?

Omnomftw replied...
Jan. 14, 2010 at 4:24 pm :
I would have to say mine is Anastasia, mainly because I love that story, You?

amanda727 replied...
Jan. 14, 2010 at 5:14 pm :
I like Anastasia... I like The Little Mermaid and Pocahantus the most though (however you spell her name...?)

Brittney A. said...
I LOVE this! Especially the Disney Princess references at the ending...great stuff!

amanda727 replied...
Jan. 13, 2010 at 4:44 pm :
yeah lol i have a slight Disney addiction haha i'm glad you like it though; thanks!
do you have work here on Teen Ink?

Melissa94 said...
I love this song! We have this poetry booklet due for English would you mind if I put your song in there? The credit will all go to you. I just need your name.

amanda727 replied...
Jan. 12, 2010 at 1:41 pm :
lol poetry booklet? So you just get a bunch of stuff you like and put it together? fun fun :) Thanks; I'm glad you like it. And yeah, if you just put my name, it's all good :) I'm glad you like it enough to put it in your booklet-thing lol
My name is Amanda Trask. But I go by Amy :)
do you have stuff on here?

kiwi12 said...
she understands,she wears the pants
(favorite line ever!) lol

amanda727 replied...
Jan. 11, 2010 at 4:18 pm :
haha thanks :) yeah, I think that may be my favorite too :)

Danielle_Nicole_Martin said...
I truly love this song, and I believe that you did an amazing job with writing this. What a talent you have... I write songs also, and would LOVE if you would check out my songs when I post them, since I just joined teenink and all... :)

amanda727 replied...
Jan. 12, 2010 at 1:42 pm :
well, welcome to Teen Ink! lol I've never been published at all in Teen Ink yet soooo we're on the same boat haha :)
And yeah, lemme know when you post stuff! I will definitely check em' out!!! :)
I'm glad you like my song, and thanks!!!
How was your Christmas/New Years?

LizzieIndigo said...
This song is soooo true I'm glad I found it! The lyrics are great! I'm so bad a writing lyrics because I always try to get a tune first. There's nothing worse than a tuneless song!

amanda727 replied...
Jan. 6, 2010 at 8:41 pm :
Thank you so much; I'm glad you liked it! Yeah, when I write lyrics, I do it one of two ways: I either write a poem and turn it into a song, or I randomly think of a tune and then put words to it depending on the mood of the song.
If that makes sense. Haha
Do you have work on Teen Ink?

LizzieIndigo replied...
Jan. 7, 2010 at 10:05 am :
Well I should do soon when they have stopped pending aproval! It takes ages!
Yeah I know what you mean with the song writing buisness. Do you have a band or just play solo? Me and my friends jam togather at lunch sometimes.

amanda727 replied...
Jan. 12, 2010 at 1:44 pm :
I used to have a band but I moved so I'm solo now. I write the song lyrics and the music; My sister can make music on her comp as well as my instruments so it sounds good lol
I'm trying to start a new band though :)
Man, that's awesome :) my friends and i jam at lunch too....it's awesome
and yeah, it takes forever on here to "pend approval"...lemme know when it goes through though!!

LizzieIndigo replied...
Jan. 12, 2010 at 2:06 pm :
Ok will do! This band things been floating in the air for ages but now we've got it together it's pretty awesome! We're all girls and we have guitar, piano, cello, drums and vocals. It's weird but it works. I play guitar. Yeah sure I'll let you know when my work is online...
Btw your song common butterfly is also pretty good. Can't remember if I commented on it!

amanda727 replied...
Jan. 12, 2010 at 2:14 pm :
that's awesome!! yeah, I'd love to have my own band :) my sis plays piano and cello... i play guitar and piano.... do you like acoustic or electric???
and no you didn't comment but i'm glad you like that one too! my fav is "You're Gonna' Miss This" lol

LizzieIndigo replied...
Jan. 12, 2010 at 3:16 pm :
I have an old acoustic and a fender squire strat so I like electric and acoustic which do you prefer? I would like to get an electro-acoustic but down to the fact that I have to fund it mayself I have a feeling it might be a while before I get one ! I've acctually had to resort to making my own picks cos there is nowhere to buy them in my (small) town! I'm in england where are you? (I'm guessing USA most on this site are).

amanda727 replied...
Jan. 12, 2010 at 3:25 pm :
hey i have a Fender strat :) and a Pearl acoustic :) I like em' both, too. It depends on what I'm playing for me to have a preferance on the instrument lol
Yeah, I have an electro-acoustic but my brother gave it to me lol so it's a hand me down lol... Idk how to make a pick :) I just buy mine lol
I love England! I've been there twice. Where in England are you? And yeah I'm in the USA. Park City, Utah.

LizzieIndigo replied...
Jan. 12, 2010 at 3:27 pm :
Looked at your song you're gonna miss this it's so true! Like now my brothers six but like yesterday he was Ginger and watching sesame street!