Never Understimate a Girl

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Psst. Ariel left the sea and sold her soul to be with a MAN. Belle got with Beast (or Adam) because SHE fell for HIM. Not because HE fell for HER. Do your homework next time. Jeez. -_-

Nelly_NellThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Umm actually ariel and eric fell for ech other at the same time the beast fell for bell first thats why he had set her free and thats what made her fall for him..

Shade3043This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
I'm pretty certain that Ariel saved Eric's life, and then fell in love with a person he never met. As for Belle, she got with the person that imprioned her father, and then freed him, only to imprison her.

eric and ariel fell for each other at the same time and the beast still  fell for bell first 

Reguardless for who fell for who first, both Eric and Ariel had just met each other and decided it was meant to be. They both had crappy behavior, and still, Ariel leaving the sea had nothing to do with the fact that she was a female, as this poem implies. 

Mar. 20, 2014 at 1:47 am
how did they have crappy behavior? All they did was fall inlove. 

They fell in love after they had just met. That can lead to some pretty awful stuff, as seen in Disney's latest movie.

Mar. 21, 2014 at 10:35 am
It was true love when Eric and Ariel fell in love and as for Bell and the beast they didn't fall in love when they first met it took time for Bell to love the beast.

It might have been "true" love when Ariel and Eric first met, but how would they have known that? You can't just fall in love with a stranger, it works out 0.00000001% of the time.

Mar. 22, 2014 at 9:33 am
But this was a fairy tale not real life or else there wouldn't be a mermaid so in the fairy tales true love can really happen,

Then why make it as a comparison to things that happen in real life? That's what this poem does wrong. 

It does not do anything wrong at all because the comparison actually had nothing to do with true love its comparing to how strong a girl is. 

But Ariel wasn't strong, she fell for a guy that she just met! The fact that Ariel left the sea doesn't make her strong, it makes her rebellious. There's a HUGE difference.

Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:28 am
she was strong because it took a lot out of her to leave her home knowing it would hurt her father so... yea 

Apr. 28, 2014 at 1:31 am
yes she was storng becasue it took a lot out of her to leave her home especially knowing that it would hurt her father so....yea shje is very stong...

racha said...
Not bad!!!5 stars out of 5

leuxielovely said...
In a way it sounds like many songs i've heard, even though it is good i feel it lacks originality.

monkeyluvs2writeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Whenever I read SOng lyrics, I look for something that signifies that it is good, and your poem has it. WHen I read this in my head, I can easily imagine the music and the beat to which this could be sung. Personally I hear this as a rap song with the chorus sung with a high, but no to high voice. Kind of like Monster by rhianna.

Jenny000 said...
Really wanna hear this to music :) I really like the last stanza about the Disney characters

JosiSunnyThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That is genius

XandiThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Yeah! Never underestimate women!