Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

on Nov. 26 2013 at 2:52 pm
Countrygirl565 GOLD, Plymouth, Indiana

I never knew what love meant, until I met you.

I really like this it is sooo true!  Keep writing! :)Most people are so closed off to the way us girls work and we definetely know what we are talking about.

on Nov. 20 2013 at 11:48 am
AmberNAE18 SILVER, Prosperity, South Carolina

People were created to be loved. Things were created to be used. The reason the world is in chaos is because things are being loved and people are being used. By: Anonymous

This is amazing!!! I really love it! Keep up the good work.

on Nov. 12 2013 at 10:54 am
MichealMulkey SILVER, Easley, South Carolina

"The thing about music is that, when it hits you, you feel no pain"
-Bob Marley

The song "girls" -beyonce??

on Nov. 12 2013 at 10:51 am

-Bob Marley

I believe this was either writing out of free time or complete self pitty of a past experience. When writing with emotion, you must use a topic that will set a fire through most readers, while reaching out to females, males are catching the butt-end of the deal with the understanding of this text. (or song) Males, that have any understanding, serve theyre place as dominacy in any animal kingdom based and religiously based research. When you look into the fact that women used to have hardly any rights at all and look at the comparison in facts and laws to "reform" the United States and other countries. With great change, comes great pleasures and problems, most of the movements and acts that took place involving women rights were based off of war crisis and home living while war and mass industry was brand new. We almost expect MORE from the women today and with the returning responses of steryeotipical females, males do indeed classify femals as inferior. With good reason, I too belive men are not but superior, but socially, scientificaly, and religiously above women.

on Nov. 12 2013 at 10:42 am

-Bob Marley

strongly agreed

on Nov. 7 2013 at 4:44 pm
KaylaaLovee GOLD, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania

"Imperfection is beauty. Madness is genius. And its better to be absolutely ridiculous than absolutely boring. And when it comes down to it, I let them think what they want. If they care enough to bother with what I do, I'm already better than them."

Amazing! #GirlPower !  

on Nov. 7 2013 at 3:16 pm
riplms2005 DIAMOND, Oglesby, Illinois

"Live a good life, you people!" -Myers, old english teacher

loved it!!!!

on Nov. 2 2013 at 3:40 pm
DrowningPenelope BRONZE, South Hadley, Massachusetts

Sir, I admit your general rule
That every poet is a fool;
But you yourself may serve to show it
That every fool is not a poet.
~ Alexander Pope

Let's go girl power! It should be a rap song. Not enough of that genre gives women a positive feeling.

C.Blanco_10 said...
on Oct. 30 2013 at 12:29 pm
C.Blanco_10, Las Vegas, Nevada
Its pretty good.

on Oct. 28 2013 at 11:51 am
abandonedkid SILVER, Richmond, Virginia

"every guitar needs to be tuned" which means everyone needs help with something

i think ur amazing josh

on Oct. 17 2013 at 3:45 pm
VampiricAngel13 BRONZE, Randolph, Alabama

Courage is not the absence of fear.

This song is great but tell me, is it a rap? I would like to know the genre. And plus, You don't underestimate anyone, no matter what. It doesn't matter who people say you are, it what you say you are, so don't lie and try to beef yourself up, you'll probably just end up the worst one off. Sorr y for the rant. :D Really LOVE the lyrics! Mwah!

on Oct. 1 2013 at 11:16 pm
josh_wyatt BRONZE, Kansas City, Kansas
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
hello Amanda,
 my name is josh and i just want to liet you know that when i read your song "never underestimate a girl" i thought it was amazing

XCBVIA GOLD said...
on Sep. 22 2013 at 2:20 pm
XCBVIA GOLD, Delaware, Ohio

NGU. Never give up.

This was meant to be a reply to Kafka-Esk, not a new comment.

XCBVIA GOLD said...
on Sep. 22 2013 at 2:18 pm
XCBVIA GOLD, Delaware, Ohio

NGU. Never give up.

You realize she's right, right? I mean, we guys are not better than girls. I hate any guy  who thinks he is. She is entirely right. It's not her who needs to move on and accept change, it's you.

on Sep. 20 2013 at 2:42 am
Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

Eh...... While I agree with the poem's message, being about men and women as equals, I feel that this song is.....missing a soul.....It kinda feels like you didn't write this from the bottom of your heart and rather focused on it sounding good, and that apparently works in the eyes of most, so if you want to keep doing stuff like this go ahead, but I feel that this poem could REALLY use some more "oomph." 3/5

on Sep. 17 2013 at 8:51 pm
hotchik92 BRONZE, Atlanta, Georgia

"Never change who you are because you are beautiful no matter what you look like or who you are. You are on this earth for a purpose , you just haven't realized what it is . When, you do find that purpose , know that this is your life calling. "

Now I see why there are so many positive comments !!!!! Keep it up GGGGGUUUURRRRLLL!!!! :) :) I likey

Christayla said...
on Sep. 17 2013 at 2:56 pm
Christayla, Neosho, Missouri

The reasonable man adapts himself to the world the unreasonable one persists in trying to adapt the world to himself. Therefore all progress depends on the unreasonable man. Never say you can't always believe and say "I can" and believe in yourself.

This is a powerful article that does show that girls are very often underestemated. Just because we have been thought of that way in the past we all are created equal anymore. You have made an amazing piece of work stating that.

mel6710 SILVER said...
on Sep. 14 2013 at 10:14 pm
mel6710 SILVER, Calgary, Other

at some point, you have to realize that some people can stay in your heart but not in your life

that is so true. i have guys that think they are better at a lot of things. but my friends know im a lot better then them. i this is so true

rokkozee323 said...
on Sep. 4 2013 at 6:42 pm
rokkozee323, Cincinnati, Ohio
The more women complain about being underestimated, the more they will be underestimated. The feminist movement is over... move on!

Alabian GOLD said...
on Aug. 31 2013 at 6:47 pm
Alabian GOLD, Limbo, Other

"If you can fly, don't stop at the sky cause there are footprints on the moon" - Owl City

This is soooo great!!! Your rhyming is awesome, and I absolutely love the whole idea. SO RIGHT! We are underestimated! Oh, I really liked the part with Beauty taming the Beast and Ariel leaving the sea. Very well thought-out :D

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare