Never Understimate a Girl | Teen Ink

Never Understimate a Girl

By amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah
amanda727 PLATINUM, Salt Lake City, Utah

Don't let anybody tell you who you are; don't let anyone tell you that you don't deserve what you're willing to work for.
Never give up; you\'ll never know how far you could go until you try to get to where you want to go.

You're sittin' over there
talkin' like you're better than me
like you've got a right, more skill in everything
like it's destined in some prophecy
But let me tell you something
something one day you'll see
one day you'll figure out, what the world is all about
you'll step back to re-evaluate me
re-think your priorities

CHORUS: Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day she will become your world
she understands,she wears the pants
she knows your thoughts with one glance

Never underestimate a girl
cause' one day you'll be on her pay roll
can control you with her finger,
so don't dare too long to linger,
cause' you know she's in control
never underestimate a girl

Go ahead and drop your mouth
you know what I'm talkin' about
guess one day you'll see
Beauty tamed the Beast
Ariel left the sea
we're stronger than you think

CHORUS

Never underestimate a girl
no, never underestimate a girl

DON'T UNDERESTIMATE A GIRL... I know some guys think they are tougher or more skilled but... us girls stick together and we're strong and we're quick thinking... so we'll take your world by surprise....

on Jul. 29 2014 at 9:56 pm
Shade3043 DIAMOND, Shade3043 Did This, In Case Of Anonymous, Other

When I was a boy, I would always hear scary things in the news and my mother would say to me, "Always look for the helpers. Everywhere you look you will always find people helping." - Fred Rogers

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the evolution of any species is that certain babies in that species are born with an advantage. I could ge tthe best trainers in the world and train for 15 hours a day, but I'm never gonna swim as good as MIchael Phelps. Why? Because he was born with an advantage over others.

Snugglebug16 said...
on May. 15 2014 at 8:39 am
All people are equal. The world just doesn't treat them like it'. So to answer your question yes I do think that everyone is equal.

on May. 13 2014 at 6:45 pm
Starcatcher001 SILVER, Cypress, Texas

I had a rock garden. Last week, three of them died. -Richard Diran

Although many people out there are ignorant to the inequality still present in today's society, those of us who realize these injustices can do such admirable things to try and open the eyes of people around us. This is a very powerful and inspirational piece that was obviously written by one of the afore-mentioned people; she realizes that girls are often treated like lesser beings and she is taking a stand.

on May. 10 2014 at 8:06 am
ILOVESHERLOCK PLATINUM, Sydney, Other

All your dreams can come true, if you have the courage to pursue them. - Walt Disney

Me too! :D

bananakiwi said...
on May. 7 2014 at 6:03 pm
bananakiwi, Miami, Florida

"I'm the smartest blond your ever meet!:)"

Sassy! I love it!  

on May. 1 2014 at 9:19 am
Jessalynn BRONZE, Rensselaer, Indiana

"If the speed kills me, do not cry because I was smiling." Paul walker

I love this song, i made one and then made another poem that hasn't gotten approved yet. It's been like 4 days. Still no reply, but yours is really good

on Apr. 28 2014 at 1:31 am
Nelly_Nell GOLD, Bakersfield, California

'' For every dark night there is an even brighter day"

-Tupac Shukar

yes she was storng becasue it took a lot out of her to leave her home especially knowing that it would hurt her father so....yea shje is very stong...

on Apr. 28 2014 at 1:29 am

-Tupac Shukar

yes......i do

on Apr. 28 2014 at 1:28 am

-Tupac Shukar

she was strong because it took a lot out of her to leave her home knowing it would hurt her father so... yea 

on Apr. 27 2014 at 2:50 am

Does anyone really think that everyone is created equal? ANYONE?

blah said...
on Apr. 19 2014 at 7:23 pm
Look Girls/Women=Boys/Men! Not every girl was as you and micheal whatever described. Like Alice Paul, Rosa parks,and many more. It's sexist for you guys to coment like that too. If you believe that then keep it to yourseleves and not ruin the awsome work by having a personal oppion discussion on the comments board. If you want to do that then go to the forums that's what their there for!

on Apr. 18 2014 at 1:02 pm
TheMuseEuterpe GOLD, Lafayette, Indiana

Writing is my oxygen. Music is my carbon dioxide. ~Jessica Bell

I love it!!!!! There's so much sass in one song!!!!

on Apr. 17 2014 at 7:04 am
Horror-Mistress DIAMOND, Waco, Texas

There is always someone that has it worse than you

as a girl, I do kind of agree with Micheal. Men have always been the stronger beings. women have grown by watching men and learning from them. Men and women should be equal, but men have always been there to protect their women, the one thing that men have always had above women. In old cultures, women could have as many husbands as they wanted and vise versa for men. Westernization, or religion, changed that. They saw that women were inferior, and at the time, we very much were. Whether that was because our lack of oppertunity or our choice, no one is certain. But women have grown, and we have become mentalling equal among men, but we have yet to reach the same emotional and physical likeness, and if/when we do, will we really be women still? Why do we want to be just like men if they are "pathentic?" 

EBurn BRONZE said...
on Apr. 17 2014 at 12:26 am
EBurn BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
That's true I don't see in what way women are still confined why do we still need feminism?

EBurn BRONZE said...
on Apr. 16 2014 at 11:55 pm
EBurn BRONZE, McDonough, Georgia
It's useless to fight about who's better because no one's the same. everyone no matter who they are has a strength in them but the strength is different for everyone no matter the gender.

on Apr. 8 2014 at 10:00 pm
oxymoron BRONZE, Seattle, Washington
This is really awesome! I'm a total feminist and I love music and I love when people are able to embody that in song lyrics! It's really hard to do! Great job!

on Apr. 5 2014 at 9:45 pm

But Ariel wasn't strong, she fell for a guy that she just met! The fact that Ariel left the sea doesn't make her strong, it makes her rebellious. There's a HUGE difference.

on Apr. 5 2014 at 7:07 pm

-Tupac Shukar

It does not do anything wrong at all because the comparison actually had nothing to do with true love its comparing to how strong a girl is. 

on Mar. 27 2014 at 11:01 pm

Then why make it as a comparison to things that happen in real life? That's what this poem does wrong. 

on Mar. 22 2014 at 9:33 am

-Tupac Shukar

But this was a fairy tale not real life or else there wouldn't be a mermaid so in the fairy tales true love can really happen,

Smith Summer

Parkland Speaks

Campus Compare