The Tears of Dawn | Teen Ink

The Tears of Dawn

By Paul_James PLATINUM, Plainsboro, New Jersey
Paul_James PLATINUM, Plainsboro, New Jersey

"The only true love I ever knew
Was behind those downcast eyes
The only comfort I ever felt
Was during those long hours of loneliness
When I felt for you
I do believe
Only innocence can save the world..." -Ocean Soul

Angel-born smiles slip away
To forever sleep in grace,
Leave names to love forever, but what's in a name,
When farewell is too much to say
Through the tears falling from the face
Of those who will forever cherish the days

Please sleep in peace,
As your dreambound voice will sing the melody
Unfit for tears, not for love, not for me…
Sweeter the dreams, bitter the sorrow
At the dawn when I wake up alone...

All the tears shed at the breaking of the dawn…
Each one for beauty, for the loved ones now gone.
They come to comfort me through the lonesome of the night
Until the day they bring me into the light.

Please sleep in peace,
Sweeter the dreams, bitter the sorrow
At the dawn when I wake up alone...

I feel your love o'er the distance of our hearts
Let no mountain stay us apart, let our love carry us together
Once upon a time, you were my world, my friends
Today, ever after, you’re the stars in my sky,
My everything, my angels…

I wrote this in the memory of my late friends, who passed away about three weeks ago. They were the best friends I could ever hope or ask for...

emilybwrites SILVER, Villa Hills, Kentucky

last night i lay in bed, looking up at the stars and i thought to myself, where the heck is the ceiling?

fantastic job! please check out my poems? "forgotten domain" and "cumulus prison" are a few i would like critiqued. it would mean a lot!

NathanBHooker GOLD, Wentzville, Missouri

"Those that care don't matter; and, those that matter don't care."

its great! read my work??

on Jun. 29 2011 at 11:20 am
titangods31 GOLD, Brevard, North Carolina

real eyes realize real lies/ true love never fades

I think this is soooooo beautiful and I want to know if you mind that I sing it.

on May. 30 2011 at 12:34 am
picchick101 BRONZE, Pickerington, Ohio
these lyrics are beautiful. i'd never have to hear anybody sing it, cause i can hear the passion in it just from reading it. and i'm sorry about you're friends. personally, i couldnt even imagine what you are going through, but i hope writing this song helped you get out any of the emotions you were feeling. i hope things have gotten better(:

nutsongirl23 SILVER, Wausau, Wisconsin

"You don't need to give reasons for the things you do. Sometimes you just have to do what you want. And sometime what's messed up to everyone else is what's right for you. You have to do it and not be afraid of it."-Kristen Stewart

wow nice. Made me think of my cousin and grandma. Love it keep it up

kaasha BRONZE said...
kaasha BRONZE, Roxbury Crossing, Massachusetts

"I'd rather be hated for who I am, than loved for who I am not."- Kurt Cobain

wooow! great!!! 

on Apr. 2 2011 at 8:12 am
summermarrie BRONZE, Tobyhanna,pa, Pennsylvania

live well laugh offten love much.... cry less love alot be happy... if you love something or someone so much let it go if it comes back it was ment to be....

wow really touching it made me cry and think of those i have lost as well im sorry to hear or actually read that you lost your frends. :'(

on Feb. 25 2011 at 4:42 am
Ayushi_austen BRONZE, Kolkata, Other

I love my past. I love my present. I’m not ashamed of what I’ve had, and I’m not sad because I have it no longer...

W.O.W!!! it is really VERY touching...everything seems come straight from the heart!!!i wish i could write like u !!!

lilmo23 PLATINUM, Pompano Beach, Florida

you never know how strong you are until being strong is the only option you have.

wow! beautiful! :) i love it. ur so talented! hey check out my poems!

on Dec. 21 2010 at 8:43 am
BeTwEenDrEaMiNGaNdCoMiNGTrUE PLATINUM, Howell, Michigan

“If I speak in the tongues of angels, but have not love, I'm only a resounding noise , If I have the gift of knowledge, And if my faith moves mountains high, But have not love I am nothing… Though I know the One, Who holds the stars in the heavens, In the palm of His hand, If I give all I possess , To the poor and the helpless, I'll still gain nothing, Without love… Love's patient, True love is always kind, Love does not envy, Never brags, it's never proud, Slow to wrath, it keeps no records of wrongs against friends, Love forgives… It always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres.” (1 Corinthians 13:1-5,7)
“If the world hates you, remember that it hated Me first. If you belonged to the world, it would love you as its own. As it is, you do not belong to the world, but I have chosen you out of the world. That is why the world hates you.” John 15:18-19
"The world is not respectable; it is mortal, tormented, confused, deluded forever; but it is shot through with beauty, with love, with glints of courage and laughter; and in these the spirit blooms..." ~ George Santayana

I love this! and I know exactally how you feel :s take care, and know that someone cares :)

hiddenangelz211 DIAMOND, Haverhill, Massachusetts

Live Laugh Love ~Unknown
I'm selfish, impatient, a little insecure but if you can't handle me at my worst then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best ~Marilyn Monroe
Dream as if you'll live forever. Live as if you'll die today. ~James Dean

so beautiful ♥ i am sorry for your loss :( i bet your friends joyously cried down rain when you wrote it tho :) read and rate mine?

Sail_ BRONZE said...
Sail_ BRONZE, Eugene, Oregon
wow! i loved this! and you wrote it yourself? i hope these lyrics carry you to somewhere special in life! you and your friends will be ruinited once more!

LunaLives GOLD said...
LunaLives GOLD, South Bend, Indiana

Because I can!-Me "Life is a choice and death is a decision"-Lil Wayne

P.S. On your list of favorite people you made a mistake. It's Captan Jack Sparow. Haha!

LunaLives GOLD said...
LunaLives GOLD, South Bend, Indiana

Oh my God. I'm so sorry for your loss. You're a great literary artist you know. I hope you go into the music business. I'm already a fan!

on Nov. 21 2010 at 10:57 am
the song shows so much passion and sorrow, it really moved me deep down! I'v written a couple songs but none as good as that! I suppose the pain you felt made the song more powerful! Keep feeling with pride! and keep t up!

AlphaOmega512 BRONZE, Leesburg, Virginia
Wow that really was amazing. I almost cried too when I read it, and, like vivig4ever said, I can feel the emotion you put into it, and it makes the writing all the move better. Keep it up! :)

CocoStar BRONZE, Calgary, Other
Wow, beautiful imagery amazing rhymes, a sad song that makes me think. Amazing. Incredible. 

on Oct. 6 2010 at 9:18 am
CHStennisplayer2013 BRONZE, Camden, Tennessee

"Why worry bout the storm when you could go out and dance barefoot in the rain?"

This was amazing, it mad eme cry a little, keep writing!

jeepster72 BRONZE, Perris, California

"Beauty and the Geek" -Ashton Kuthcher

It's so deep. It's so cool how I can feel your emotion in what you write. I wish that vulnerability would show in my writing too. I quess it's just so much simpler to feel someone else's emotions than to feel my own. I think that's what holds me back from being a good writer. Anyways, I know it's sounds weird, but thanks for writing. Poetry is the one thing I don't have to fight for and don't have to lose. So simple...yet so intricate.

kms777 GOLD said...
kms777 GOLD, Winn, Michigan

"learn from your mistakes but regret not a thing"

i love this!!! its great i love the detail. the emotion. the way u can picture it. i just love it. i hope youll read some of mine and give me advice on how to make them better.