The Meaning of Love? This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

The beating of my broken heart, now chained and locked away,
I hear much louder, through the night, than words we never say.
As hollow kisses turn to dust and fall against my skin,
I pray that I might find the strength to fall in love again.
Abandoned innocence, stripped away, discarded on the floor.
In the dirt, I bury hope that love leaves unlocked doors.
I am held, though never cherished, yet to be made whole.
My tears can wipe themselves away, but I must save my soul.
Bare feet, run, lead me home, where I am Mother’s child,
And toward the pale rose sunset for a pretty little while.
If broken wings may carry dreams, and carry me to sleep,
Take me far away from love and tell me what it means.

PuzzleThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
today at 11:57 pm:
Needed this. Now.. That is all.

CreativeMe said...
Nov. 16 at 9:45 pm:
I love your poem it descripes my feelings  

KaylaaLoveeThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Nov. 3 at 8:43 pm:
love this..my.feelings.exactly.

TaeonaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Aug. 31 at 2:17 pm:
I love your poem.

SoImAWriterNowThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Jul. 31 at 12:24 am:
Best poem I've read about love. Speaks so many volumes.

sarah98This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 26 at 4:07 pm:
This is probably the best thing i've read on here. five outta five stars. check out some of my work??

Secret-Voice said...
Apr. 19 at 7:42 pm:
This is just AMAZING. I wish that i was this good at writing.

BluetoothThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Apr. 12 at 2:31 pm:
hey im pretty new, please check out my work  

SouthernRose718 said...
Mar. 18 at 3:41 pm:
This is a fantastically written poem i like the figurative language and the imagery it very much reminds me of my new favorite tv show.

Dreamer21 said...
Mar. 9 at 2:34 pm:
Wow this is a really great poem. I really liked all of the imagery that you used in it :D

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Mar. 5 at 7:35 pm:
I think this poem is so beautiful!  Nice work on it!

Maggie99This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 12 at 5:02 pm:
This was very well-written and easy to follow. A lot of poems don't grab my attention quick enough for me to finish reading, but I really enjoyed yours.

DreamingOfNirvanaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Feb. 2 at 10:21 pm:
WOW. To think that I was proud of my little poems. This is incredible! Great job!

TasalynThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This is really beautifully writen! Can't wait to read more!

Ala E. said...
that was amazing the way you discriped how you feel and the choosing of words.  

VickyNickyKitty said...
Awesome, I love this poem!

love-in-words said...
I love the meaning of this powm, you are a really good writer.(:

MindlessPoetry_ said...
Wow that's really good! especially the last two lines! It gave me something to think about! I'd love it if you read my poetry too and gave me some incite.

taylor23 said...
it is acpiring and i hope to hear from you

divisriv said...
This is the typpe of writing that gives me hope that our generation actually has brain power. It was beautiful.