Dirt on my socks

There is dirt on my socks,
Dirt, grass, mold, maybe some lox.

I can't get it out,
I want to shout.

I must remove it with my lips,
I try and try but it just slips.

I can't use Tide,
That would ruin my pride.

'Twas a dare,
To remove all this hair.

As I wring with my gum,
He sits on his bum.

You know what?
This dare came from a nut.

I'm tired of sampling this dirt, grass, mold, maybe lox,
I have found a better use for these dirty socks.

I have found that strangulation,
Is a vexation.

As is trying to wash footwear with one's tongue,
There will be no hair in his lung.
The one who made me clean these cursed socks,
Will find around his throat dirt, grass, mold, maybe lox.

The last thought going through his dying brain you can see,
Will only be.

The thing around his neck,
Smells like heck.

Moral; Don't dare someone to clean their socks with their mouth.

Superhero_FanThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Hahahahaha! Good job Aeliss! This was hilarious, and I loved how you didn't just come right out and say that she shoved the sock in his mouth. You left it to the reader to figure that out, and I salute you for the brilliance of it. Please post more poetry on here!

Aeliss-Novak-the-Zombie-Space-PirateThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Aug. 18, 2013 at 2:20 pm :
Thanks. :) But I don't really write much poetry. There is another funny one about two playmates that I wrote in fourth grade when my mom told me I had to write a couplet, but I don't know where it went. :/

ccascq said...
Great Love it!

AdrienneMPayneThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jun. 8, 2012 at 11:18 am:
Haha, it's so humorously ironic that you say using the Tide would ruin your pride before you describe licking them with them your toungue.  I wasn't sure whether to laugh or cringe, but either way, it deffinitely kept me reading.  Very interesting...  Very interesting indeed.

Aeliss-NovakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
Jun. 8, 2012 at 10:13 pm :
Thanks! My poems usually start out normal, then I change them and make them weird.

LoudDreamerThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 19, 2012 at 7:03 pm:
Oh, wow! I was LMAO most of the poem! really good work, Aeliss!

AelissNovakThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
May 19, 2012 at 7:05 pm :
Thanks. :)

An-eloquent-leafThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
May 19, 2012 at 8:38 am:
Haha nice job! The flow was a bit iffy in a couple places, but as a lighthearted poem, I enjoyed it and it made me giggle :)

May 19, 2012 at 6:24 pm :
Thanks. :) I didn't work very hard on it, it took about 10 minutes. My poems are always kind of like this.