Through the Eyes of a Teenager | Teen Ink

Through the Eyes of a Teenager

By Briana_32 GOLD, Fayetteville, North Carolina
Briana_32 GOLD, Fayetteville, North Carolina

Every day passes, reminding me of lessons to learned. Opprotunities pass me by, showing me things to be earned. I don’t know life as an adult sees it, only as a child and teen. I can only guess what life is meant to be based on what I’ve seen. Today I learned of love, and the that it may bear. You can never know a person’s truth, behind the masks they wear. I do not know the meaning of love, or why it is never true. I’m unsure of so many things these days, I know less than I thought I knew. I find it’s getting difficult, to distinguish bad from good. And although it sounds cliché’, I’m a child misunderstood. I need to move on past the hurts, move to heaven from this hell. I nee to stand up to others, and to myself as well. I don’t know how to tell, a good friend from a bad. We talk behind each other’s backs, ruining the trust we had. When I stare into the mirror, I see things I wish I could deny. A fear of judgement and confrantation, I can no longer look myself in the eye. If everybody has to go, through torement and through pain. If they understood the hurt, that is another’s gain. If they can feel, the burden of their fears. And know the cost, of showing their tears. If they know how it feels, to have lover or a friend. Stab their backs with knives, why are they so cruel to say these are the best days of our lives?

on Jan. 19 2011 at 10:47 am
MagicCentral BRONZE, Columbus, Ohio
1 article 0 photos 1 comment
very touching :D and very sad :'D