How to Survive a Fairy Tale This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

If you should find yourself lost in a book,
Where certainly no one would think to look,
Follow these tips to keep yourself safe,
From witch, or from troll, or cold-blooded snake.

Be Helpful
If someone should ask you for a helping hand,
Help without thinking, do not be grand.
Chances are, they will later come back,
to assist you from a confusing trap.

Listen
If you’re given advice, listen or be doomed,
Even if it comes from an animal,
However degrading, I am sure you will find
it is highly preferable to stay alive.

Be Cunning
While there are those who mean you no harm,
There are the people on the other arm,
Most would eat you without a regret,
So stay alert to keep safe from them.

Stick to the path,
don’t open the door,
keep away from that cottage,
or we’ll see you no more.
Follow these hints,
and you will be safe,
but beware if the rules you ignore and break.

Don’t say we didn’t warn you.

itserraticThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Sep. 21 at 2:11 pm
You took writing to a whole different level its amazing. Keep on writing because your fantastic!

RaccoonsThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
May 7 at 12:50 pm
I loved it it's ssssssooooooo good, you should check out my poems and give me some tips!!!

HellHound said...
Feb. 6 at 1:05 pm
loved it ! keep on typing.

Bygler said...
now i'll never have to worry about fairy tales anymore :D

MistyVentureThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Love it! If I could live in a book, or be a character in my favorite novel, oh that's be so cool! Your poem is really nice. I like it. You get five stars. 

DemoDThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
Oct. 21, 2013 at 10:53 am
I wish I could live inside a book. I would survive in the one book series Ive been reading, But there is alot of deth and horror in it... ...

StarGazer9This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. said...
That was awesome! I really enjoyed reading this. It had a fun message as well as a fun rhyme. Great job!

PixiePoetThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great job!  I love the flow, and how it doesn't seem like you had to struggle to find the perfect rhyming word.  Very easy to follow.  Spendid work!!  :D

Alabian said...
Funny! You did a great job on this poem. As a person who really likes fantasy/fairytales, I can connect with this. Awesome:)

fairygabby99 said...
You made it all fit together so well. 

Bluetooth13 said...
Awesome rhythm :) rate my work too?

SilentNinjaThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I like the flow of this poem...

I love it!

Matthew17 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
This poem is great! The idea is very clever but sometimes to word choice will stop the nice rhythm and flow

Saphira07This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Jan. 15, 2013 at 2:55 am
Such fun reading!! Thanks...I'll remember the rules then :D

CaptainKThis teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. replied...
If only the heroes from fairytales would read this! Excellent work! I will put these rules to good use!

WaffleOcean2934This teenager is a 'regular' and has contributed a lot of work, comments and/or forum posts, and has received many votes and high ratings over a long period of time. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
I love how creative the poem is!  Nice work on it!  :)

LittleMei said...
This is very good TeenInk.com/poetry/all/article/500113/My-Daughter-Forever-and-Always/ Please read this leave a commetn and rate!

remember16 said...
I love this poem so much.  It has such a catching flow and some poems bore me but this drew me in so much!  great job you should cheak out some of my work.(: again nice job.

ChobaniLuvinPenguin This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Nov. 5, 2012 at 9:31 am
Great job! Such a cute and funny poem! It flows well and has a unique tone. Love it! Keep writing!