Mirrored Nights

Big skies, starry nights
Looking up with hopeful eyes
Close yet far away

Drifting from above
Dreams with possibilities
Screaming silent words

Bright hues shining through
Starry skies filling your eyes
With reality

sasssgirrrl22 said...
wow i lyv this. itz really powerful. took me a minute 2 understand but this is amazingg(: keep it upp

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
i love the flow.  but i dont get it. 

WickedStarcatcher said...
Aug. 12, 2010 at 8:38 am
I thought that this poem was beautiful and that you have a great understanding of language use! Keep writing! :)

AmberRose said...
I love it!!! Please comment my work and tell me what you think!!!

sasssgirrrl22 said...
one word: awesome!

uniquefreak3000 said...
Also, you spelled everything correctly and there are no typos, which can be--sadly--rare with online publishing, so that just added to the joy of reading your work. Keep writing! ;)

Julie L. This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
thanks, and I did have a completely different beginning but I counted all my syllables wrong so I had to rewrite it. [:
and the middle section bothers me, if I could have the second line as the top line and the top line as the second I'd like it a lot better.

uniquefreak3000 said...
I love haikus, especially yours!
The mood you create is one of my favourites. (: I can't really describe it, and that's good, because your poetry described it! The last one is my favourite...it just has a good ring to it. I'll say one negative thing to be constructive--haha--I think you're creative enough to think of less popular adjectives then you used in the first one, but of course then it wouldn't be a haiku...
Altogether, I love your work. Please keep... (more »)