Winter This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine.

Ice engulfs the grass
Leafless dead trees frosted white
Spotted eyelashes

AMAWHI said...
May 21, 2012 at 10:20 am
This haiku was great! This poem shows great imagery, I could just picture the snow on the persons eyelashes. The drawing next to the poem was also really good. Great job!

gabbru said...
May 21, 2012 at 7:35 am
I really liked this Haiku! You used personification in the first line, which really tied it together! nice job(;

rebeckabear said...

Haiku is a form of Japanese poetry that combine three different lines and a noticeable grammatical break. The break, or kireji, is often replaced with commas or hyphens in English haiku. Haiku usually includes nature and everyday things and situations so don't think too hard about what to use as a topic. this is exactly what is is. i agree with every one you should stay writing because it is very beautful

PoetryAngel14 said...
Great imagery! It made a shiver run down my spine. Wonderful :)

TheIntellectualOne said...
i just saw that picture very nice!

TheChessKing said...
It is short but it is true

Inez1234 said...
Aug. 31, 2011 at 10:46 am
simple, but powerfull

thinkaholic15 said...
Aug. 9, 2011 at 9:49 am
so simple, so beautiful, so powerful and did I mention awesome imagery?? love it!!! simple, but powerful poems are the best poems and yours is one of them!! keep writing... :D

youknowwho AQ said...
Simple,but Good use of imagery.

DarkenRose replied...
Amazing haiku, very beautiful:)

Beca13 said...
This is an awesome haiku!

McKenna said...

I have a question, what is a Haiku?

And what makes this 3 sentence piece so...special?

mylifeisafantasy replied...
Aug. 16, 2010 at 7:29 am
Haiku is a form of Japanese poetry that combine three different lines and a noticeable grammatical break. The break, or kireji, is often replaced with commas or hyphens in English haiku. Haiku usually includes nature and everyday things and situations so don't think too hard about what to use as a topic. Read more: How to Write a Haiku | eHow.com http://www.ehow.com/how_3336_write-haiku.html#ixzz0wltAHk6W

DiamondsIntheGrass This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. replied...
Aug. 27, 2010 at 8:16 am
the first line is 5 syllables, the second its 7 syllables, and the third line is also 5. haikus originate from japan, and their special because they tend to be very short, but that makes the meaning come out stronger.

Essa said...
cool, its awesome

sammyso3 This work has been published in the Teen Ink monthly print magazine. said...
Great imagery! Well done.

Thrush said...
Feb. 9, 2010 at 11:54 am
really pretty.

caughtinaxm0ment said...
this is beautiful (:

oxStardustxo said...
beautifully written...

LilJ<3 said...
Simple, but u were able to get the point across. I think it si truly great keep the work up. :)