99 Delightful Provisions | Teen Ink

99 Delightful Provisions

By TurnYourStones GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin
TurnYourStones GOLD, Hartland, Wisconsin

They are the only ones that keep me up at night. I am the only one who has to deal with this nonsense. Ninety-nine delightful provisions waiting for the chance to make the most out of an inconvenience. Ninety-nine, one shy of one hundred. Ninety-nine could just be some arbitrary number pulled out of thin air. From another perspective, they don’t care, so I’ve got a it good if this is my biggest complaint.

Their power is bewildering. They knocked the hot coffee out of my hand. They revel in my despair and control every fabric of my being whether I want them to or not, and it never ends until death. This is how it feeds.

Yet this power is not exclusively used on one man, this constant banter would drive anyone nuts. Choke, choke, choke they yell when it fits them. They leech.

When life gives you lemons, when I am stuck with an inconceivable situation, then it is I shall squirt those lemons back at the eyes of my conscience. They will be the ones to know who they’re messing with. Ninety-nine who started the fight, and where it will end. Ninety-nine who tested my patience for far too long. Ninety-nine, you know who you are.

My own take on the style of "4 Skinny Trees".