Pierced Soul | Teen Ink

Pierced Soul

By PiercedSoul01 BRONZE, Waxahachie, Texas
PiercedSoul01 BRONZE, Waxahachie, Texas

The bare skeleton of the moonlight could not touch her face. The desire to find the perfect person is one of our delusions. The agony of waiting was impossible to take. SLOW DOWN.... DO NOT fall into the trap of instant love.
There's a stillness in the silence. Once the images of shadows pass, the silence is shattered, all while the monster in my head listens to the whispers. One thought brings another, over thinking like a flood. Violent cries in my mind splashing at the borders of damnation.
  Now I am blind and it feels like night. Then I realize that I am at peace. The darkness I was afraid of, that I could open my eyes and see the light, that I could run from is....... Now apart of me forever as it always was. I just didn't want to accept it. Now I realize that I am at peace and that the darkness may not be as scary after all.
  So yes, I did at one time love. But never again; will I allow my heart and mind to experience the trauma you put me through. With every pull of the trigger her death gets closer; the excitement, the adrenaline, the suspense. It was unexpected, yet it was expected.
  I may seem silent but, inside I am screaming. I may be violent but, I call it dreaming. You can think whatever you want of me but, there are these problems that you'll never begin to see.
  I see the shadow staring at me from down the hall. It's waiting for me to fail. I look at it trying to figure out why it follows me. I look into it's hollow face and all I see is me.