Heartbreak | Teen Ink

Heartbreak

By jameslynchx34 BRONZE, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin
jameslynchx34 BRONZE, Wauwatosa, Wisconsin

Imagine dying without leaving the earth. Losing every hope, every dream you’ve ever had in an instant. It’s like a car going 80 miles an hour crashing into a brick wall. Nothing is ever the same. The flashbacks haunt you for months, years even. The future used to be so clear, so obvious. But now, it’s hazed and distorted by the smoke of the blaze. To constantly feel like you’re burning alive with no limbs or muscles strong enough to carry you away from the scene. So now you wait. You wait for a rescuer, someone to take you from the wreckage and put you back together so that you can build yourself up again, and rise out of the grave so well prepared for you. There comes a day when you realize that all you ever needed was right there, right inside you all along. Maybe you needed that tragedy, that horror, to open your eyes to the true power inside. Life is what you see it to be. People are what you want them to be. You are what you believe you are.

This piece hits home for me and describes a feeling that I've felt throughout my life. It also gives hope to myself and readers that it's not the end of the world or life.