My own I Have A Dream | Teen Ink

My own I Have A Dream

By Shadow201 BRONZE, Monroe, North Carolina
Shadow201 BRONZE, Monroe, North Carolina

I have a dream that one day this nation will grow up to realize what kind of a world we have created. We have taken this amazing world for granted and it is time that someone stands up for what they believe
I have a dream that one day all of the broken people and places will be transformed into something beautiful by the kindness of others. I believe I should be able to walk through the park without someone trying to harm me.
I have a dream that one day this nation will come together as one and realize they are the ones who have signed the papers, they are the ones who are creating the damage and they are the ones who need to fix it.
I have a dream today!!!
I have a dream that my kids will be able to go to school without being picked on for the silliest things. I hope and pray they will grow up in a new generation that has seen the faults of the past.
I have a dream today!!!  I have a dream that one day sadness will be transformed into happiness. I have a dream that being different will be turned into the normal. I hope I can look up in the sky and realize that we have seen the errors of your ways.
I have a dream today!!!  I have a dream that one day this dream will be heard in the highest of highs and the lowest of lows. That everyone of every social class and race will here this. This will be heard in the darkest of hearts and the lightest.
This is my hope and faith.  With this faith, we will be able to stand up to anyone who tries to tear us down. We will rebuild every broken heart and place. We can overcome any obstacle with this dream. And God as my witness we WILL learn to love each other whether we like it or not.
This will be the day when the world is built back up to its rightful standards. This is the day that America will be the land that will provide safety and freedom. It will be the day that we will not have to stress about what is to come but realize how blessed we are in the now.
I have a dream today!!!