I Met A Man Who Carried Great Burdens | Teen Ink

I Met A Man Who Carried Great Burdens

By RealisticOptimistic BRONZE, Humboldt, South Dakota
RealisticOptimistic BRONZE, Humboldt, South Dakota

If I had a quarter for every time someone asked me for words of wisdom, I'd have enough money to pay for their funeral.

I met a man who carried great burdens on his shoulders.
Burdens so tremendous and oppressive that an ordinary man would have relinquished everything at the first predicament he faced. 
I spend a blue moon with him where I learned his life's tale, a tale I wish upon no one.
His mentor was wise, proficient, and taught the man lessons he used to keep him going down the road to conquer his burdens.
But every burden slain sprouted another two new burdens, more demanding than the last.
The man was told that there is no fairytale ending, no matter how many burdens are slain, but he went on.
I still do not know if it was spite or determination that drove that mountain of a man, but all I know is that he did get a pleasant ending.
That was a fairytale ending in his book, and that's what mattered in the end.
He conquered his burdens and got an ending fitting to his tale, that's rewarding enough.

This piece was inspired by someone I knew, he had a difficult life. He taught me to never give up, look for the good in even the most corrupt people, and more. I hope people read this and take away that every hardship in your life is like a boss battle; defeat it and grow stronger.