Where I'm From | Teen Ink

Where I'm From

December 18, 2017
By louise3 BRONZE, Ionia, Michigan
louise3 BRONZE, Ionia, Michigan
1 article 0 photos 0 comments

I am from sitting by the fire and making christmas treats with my Grandmother.

I am from five different homes, all filled with love and kindness given off by one another. My favorite one having the white pillars with a window ledge my cat would sit on and admire the outdoors.

I am from juggling a soccer ball and jumping into the icy pool to cool off.

I am from singing from the top of my longs to pitch perfect songs with my Mother.

From Jamie and Aimee and our descendents here and gone.

From “don’t worry about what others think” and “you’re beautiful inside and out”.

I am from a confusing world that I get through with my loving Grandparents and mother. They support my dreams and beliefs I have.

I am from all of these things.

That began, where I’m from.


The author's comments:

I wrote this poem for a school assignment. I chose to write my poem about my home life because I was more comfortable sharing and talking about some of my daily routines. 

 

I am not very experienced with writing poems but I do hope others will think about special times with their family and how much home means to them. I hope to bring smiles to their faces and joy.