The Storm | Teen Ink

The Storm

By hope.b GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska
hope.b GOLD, Omaha, Nebraska

"She is water. Soft enough to offer life, tough enough to drown it away." -rupi kaur

The breath-taking sun sent rays of warming, gentle kisses against his bronze, glowy skin. Dewy, light-green grass grew and tickled his knees. Bursts of colorful flowers decorated the field in a beautiful manner. The clear, baby-blue sky gave the young boy an odd, but comforting sense of security. The sweet, high-pitched sound of a bird’s delightful song danced in the fresh, crisp air. Even though the scenery was truly gorgeous, she was all he saw. Her silky, caramel curls brushed his face gently, as he pulled her close and held her tight. The aroma of tropical coconuts sneaked its way into his nose from her perfect locks as he whispered “I love you.” into her delicate ear. Suddenly, the stunning sun set, black replaced blue, and he knew, everything was ending quite soon. The innocent birds evolved into squawking crows and he felt the girl of his dreams slip from his own fingertips. The wild grass slowly turned yellow and started to die. The young boy couldn’t help but cry. She disappeared with his hopes and dreams in her own hands. Bile filled his mouth at the feeling of emptiness.
He loved her, but it wasn’t enough.
He lost her, when things got rough.

on Dec. 7 2017 at 9:40 am
DarkPoet SILVER, Crosby, Texas
nice i liked it